Connection drop from HSDPA to EDGE during loadshedding ?

minkukel

Expert Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
2,371
Reaction score
896
Location
Yellow Iron Scrapyard
I have noticed that the MTN network drop to EDGE during loadshedding. My Vodacom connection stays on HSDPA. Cant even browse on the MTN network.
 
MTN turn off their HSDPA and LTE when the tower has no external power sources to save battery power.
Same happened in my area when I used to live in SA.
 
MTN turn off their HSDPA and LTE when the tower has no external power sources to save battery power.
Same happened in my area when I used to live in SA.

Not true, I think the tower @op and you are connected to has old batteries with less life left.

I have still have LTE and DC-HSDPA from the tower I'm connected to during loadshedding. It lasts a 2 hour power cut without any issues and it serves quite a big area too...
 
The MTN signal in our small town used to last through a 2 hour power cut but now it dies after about 20mins. New Batteries needed?

A few months ago we had a 4 day power cut! No cell network lasted, even the water supply dried up on day two.
But the Telkom generator kept the landlines on all the time, pity there's no ADSL though...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X