constant communication

superB

How often do you, on average, speak to your S.O. during the day? This includes all forms off communication: sms, phonecalls, emails, IM etc etc

I speak to my partner so many times in the day that if they, for example, are in a meeting and I dont know about it, I stress if there is more than an hour or two of 'quiet time'. This surely cant be normal?

blunomore

Honorary Master
Mr Blu is away during the week, so we SMS a few times every day.

Also, we work together, so he would call me during the day on business matters.

Raithlin

Expert Member
How often do you, on average, speak to your S.O. during the day? This includes all forms off communication: sms, phonecalls, emails, IM etc etc

I speak to my partner so many times in the day that if they, for example, are in a meeting and I dont know about it, I stress if there is more than an hour or two of 'quiet time'. This surely cant be normal?
Took me a while to figure out "S.O.". Must be Monday. :eek:

Sometimes we talk several times a day, via phone calls and email, with the occasional SMS. Other times we go the whole day without so much as a spam email. It depends on work to be done, and what's going on in our personal life at the time. For instance, we're planning a holiday in 4 weeks, so there's a lot of communication involved. It's not an issue if we don't talk though - unless there was an argument, in which case we normally chat about halfway through the day, after calming down somewhat.

I think it also depends on how long you have been together. We're working on our 13th year of marriage now, so we can't be compared to a young couple in their 1st year... :cool:

Fuma

Executive Member
It's a woman thing. Guys don't like it constantly talking to their women. I wouldn't want a nagging woman. Once a day it too much for me.

blunomore

Honorary Master
It's a woman thing. Guys don't like it constantly talking to their women. I wouldn't want a nagging woman. Once a day it too much for me.

Women require their emotional needs to be fulfilled.

Oh, and it's not nagging - it's "verbal repetitiveness" :D

Raithlin

Expert Member
Women "nag" you for two reasons:

1. She is concerned about the topic at hand - thus she repeats herself
  2. She feels you are not getting the message - thus she repeats herself

Solution: Listen, show interest, and if there is an underlying need (see 1), fulfil that need. Problem solved.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I've come close to giving up on communication from SO ...

She's either sleeping, phone is off, phone is on silent, phone is away from her, no airtime etc etc

adelp

Expert Member
I work for mine:D
But sometimes a day goes past and we were busy and the only times we spoke was on smoke breaks.

superB

I've come close to giving up on communication from SO ...

She's either sleeping, phone is off, phone is on silent, phone is away from her, no airtime etc etc
Sho. Sounds horrid. I wouldnt put up with that. Kick the bitch to the curb! :D