Contact for local Dell representative?

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Does anyone have a email for a local Dell repreentative, my understanding that they do have a few in SA aswell as a Dell CEO (Stewart van Graan)?

I have been having a uphill battle with dells customer service that is based in india, this seems to be the only contact available and their team has done nothing but delay, and cause me grief so I want to find out if there is no way to resolve this locally.

Kind Regards

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Does anyone have a email for a local Dell repreentative, my understanding that they do have a few in SA aswell as a Dell CEO (Stewart van Graan)?

I have been having a uphill battle with dells customer service that is based in india, this seems to be the only contact available and their team has done nothing but delay, and cause me grief so I want to find out if there is no way to resolve this locally.

Kind Regards
Last time I had a problem with a Dell I was sent to Dell accredited repair company

Wasabee!

Executive Member
Dell support is normally really really good from my experience.

What's your issue?

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Dell support is normally really really good from my experience.

What's your issue?

I will try and make it as sort as possible but this has gone on for over two months, so this will be a bit long.

I had a laptop with a broken screen, still under dells warranty , insurance paid out to have dell replace it, dell sent a technician with the wrong screen, the tech force fitted it resulting in the laptop not closing correctly, he tried to pass it off as "It was like that before I fixed it something else must be broken" When I asked him to put the old screen back in the laptop closed fine, there is no damage to the case etc... , he phoned dell and they said its the wrong screen will order another one. This was beginning November.

Several weeks past, no communication from Dell and Dell tried to close the service request in December, I phoned them and got in touch with Sylvester Prabhu (Customer experience manager) who promised the screen will be replaced and gave me a ETA of 14 days, this was December 8th, they then tried to close the service request a second time December 28th, during this time I have sent countless emails and tried to reach Sylvester, nothing went trough, I finally got in touch yesterday and they had indeed closed the service request.

I had a lengthy argument with Sylvester, doesn't feel that he is obligated to communicate with customers(email or otherwise), he cant give me a ETA, and has no idea how long it will take, meanwhile I have a user without a working laptop, if the screen is out of production it can be postponed by dell indefinitely.

From my side there is nothing I can really do, Dell seems to not care about making things right with this, I can probably get my money back from them, but the insurance will not pay the extra to have the laptop repaired by another company, and in doing so I will avoid the rest of the warrenty and end up with a inferoir screen (had terrible experience with 3rd party dell screens in the past)

So I am trying to see what I can do locally.