Contract Work

46Female

Expert Member
what questions to ask the employer when they offer you a contract job?

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Depends on a lot of factors like, is the pay based on an hourly rate or a fixed salary, is it a consultant job or just an ordinary position, are there possibilities for a bonus structure. Too many

In the vast majority of cases contract jobs are just normal positions without benefits so essentially treat it as a normal job interview and use those strategies.

If it's a consultant job and you were approached by the employer, then it's good to start with: "Why, do they need your services?"

syntax

Executive Member
Length of contract
Termination of contract terms and conditions
pay, overtime etc
Contract extension terms and conditions
How is pay done (per hour or set monthly fee)

zoozi

Expert Member
all I know is its 2-3 months and what they are paying me
The truth. I'm so unbelievably passionate about this job, please allow me to crawl up your ass to embody your company's mission statement through my soul!? PLEASE CAN I BE PART OF YOUR CORPORATE FAMILY? That might stand in your favour.

• Haha
Reactions: 3WA

grok

Honorary Master
Location? Ie. office bound of work from home..?

deweyzeph

Executive Member
The first question I would ask is what do they mean by "contract job"? Does that mean independent contractor? Or temporary contract so they can try you out without the risk of employing you properly? Or fixed-term contract?

Kodi

Insist on payment in BTC. Difficult then to trace you as hired murderess.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Important to understand whether SARS will see you as Independent Contractor or not, because if so there are write-offs.