Convert LTE contract to Fiber contract

elandman

Hi all,

Just wanting to know if i can "convert" my Telkom LTE contract into a fiber contract?

I renewed my LTE contract 4 months ago, and in the past few weeks OpenServe installed fiber in my area. So I wish to switch to fiber as the LTE has always been very unstable, although my only option. Until fiber now.

Anyone got any tips? 3 different call center agents, plus a chat agent didnt know.

powermzii

Expert Member
The way Telkom works i'd hazard that you can't

Unless you find a super clued up person who could work some magic. The entities are entirely separate

elandman

I've exhausted my patience, plus Telkom's collective knowledge.

The gist is this..... cancel LTE contract stating evidence of Fiber contract. Then roll the dice that someone clued up notices the correlation and acts accordingly, providing no contract cancellation penalties.

I'm not at this point ready to roll the dice :p

DiabloDane

Expert Member
You dealing with Telkom here boet, they will GLADLY charge you for both

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
I contacted Telkom late last year with the same request. I have the SmartBroadband Wireless Unlimited All Hours package, it has a 150 GB cap before being throttled to 4 Mbps for the next 50 GB, then 2 Mbps thereafter.

I was told that I need to pay a cancellation fee of the LTE contract first (about R 2500). I've had the contract for 13 months or so.