Cool Ideas OpenServe data only account - ETA 3-4 weeks?

doubleshot

I applied for a Cool Ideas data only account yesterday:
"If you are looking for a data only account for your Openserve fibre line then you have come to the right place!"
https://www.cisp.co.za/ftth/openserve-residential/

They responded late today to say it will take 3-4 weeks to issue the PPOE username/password as OpenServe must "configure" the line. This part I don't understand as most other OpenServe ISPs are able to issue the PPOE username and password instantly?

I tried to explain that I already have an active OpenServe fibre line and gave them the B-number - but they say OpenServe must still configure the line and ETA is 3-4 weeks.

Anyone else had the same with an OpenServe data only account via COOL IDEAS? A 3-4 week turnaround seems a bit crazy if the line is already installed and no transfer is required.

Thanks

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I applied for a Cool Ideas data only account yesterday:
"If you are looking for a data only account for your Openserve fibre line then you have come to the right place!"
https://www.cisp.co.za/ftth/openserve-residential/

They responded late today to say it will take 3-4 weeks to issue the PPOE username/password as OpenServe must "configure" the line. This part I don't understand as most other OpenServe ISPs are able to issue the PPOE username and password instantly?

I tried to explain that I already have an active OpenServe fibre line and gave them the B-number - but they say OpenServe must still configure the line and ETA is 3-4 weeks.

Anyone else had the same with an OpenServe data only account via COOL IDEAS? A 3-4 week turnaround seems a bit crazy if the line is already installed and no transfer is required.

Thanks

That's not right, do you recall who you spoke to at our office? PM me your email address and what you are looking for.

doubleshot

My Ticket IDs are: COOL-20180102-66549] COOL-20180102-66357. I spoke to support at 16:04 after trying to explain on the ticket and just received a call from Samantha to explain she has to process everything through OpenServe whether it’s a new line or data only account. I’m just looking for your data only 100/50MBPS service and do not wish to transfer my OpenServe circuit to COOL.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
My Ticket IDs are: COOL-20180102-66549] COOL-20180102-66357. I spoke to support at 16:04 after trying to explain on the ticket and just received a call from Samantha to explain she has to process everything through OpenServe whether it’s a new line or data only account. I’m just looking for your data only 100/50MBPS service and do not wish to transfer my OpenServe circuit to COOL.

Yeap gotcha.

doubleshot

@PBCOOL thank you - this has been resolved and I received my PPOE username and password.

@Forum: Cool Ideas explained there was a misunderstanding on their side. After escalation, it was resolved in 2 hours. Great service!

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCOOL thank you - this has been resolved and I received my PPOE username and password.

@Forum: Cool Ideas explained there was a misunderstanding on their side. After escalation, it was resolved in 2 hours. Great service!

Great sorry for the confusion!