Cool Ideas slashes Openserve uncapped fibre prices

cyb3rt

How about you guys help me get my fiber actually installed? Area is covered but not the complex I live in (only 9 units), and the only advice form you when asked what I can do from my side is "Please visit Openserve website and show interest."

EDIT: btw trenching and everything was done last year October, with a box right next to my door already.

SMH

Last edited:

mister

Executive Member
Nice cuts Cool Ideas! Are you absorbing the cost or is it an openserve promotion?

skusku

No response yet. Where is the Cool Ideas Rep?

Also how long does it take if I am with another ISP on Fibre and want to move over? Will there be any downtime?

I want to cancel my Webafrica Fibre and move to this offering, but not if it increases after a time.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Nice cuts Cool Ideas! Are you absorbing the cost or is it an openserve promotion?
Absorbing the costs for a longer term, Openserve has also changed some billing methods which helps ISPs, still the most expensive network in the country with IPC.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
And to answer the other questions we wouldnt drop pricing just to hike it up again, that's not the idea :).

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
No response yet. Where is the Cool Ideas Rep?

Also how long does it take if I am with another ISP on Fibre and want to move over? Will there be any downtime?
So long as the process is followed correctly there shouldn't be any downtime.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Any potential price drops on Octotel? I would also like to know if it's not possible to customise our packages? For example, there are a few in-between speeds that I'd like but CISP does not currently offer.

EDIT: Wow, just checked OpenServe's prices. Crazy.

greg_SA

Expert Member
Any potential price drops on Octotel? I would also like to know if it's not possible to customise our packages? For example, there are a few in-between speeds that I'd like but CISP does not currently offer.

EDIT: Wow, just checked OpenServe's prices. Crazy.
Yep, Openserve is really expensive, and not much the ISPs can do at this stage.

Hopefully Openserve will drop their prices in the future...

deesef

New price for 10 meg fibre is R100 less than Telkom's own price, but Telkom includes a 2 gig data sim and "unlimited" Telkom to Telkom landline and mobile calls.

I guess that the value proposition depends on your priorities...