cranswick computing - syspro developers - ask a lot of questions first

jxharding

Expert Member
Hi all fellow developers.

If you ever come across Cranswick Computing, do ask a lot of questions before accepting employment
from the staff i hear that the staff turnover (allegedly) went from 16 to 4 developers within 9 months

You will also have to sign a year retainer clause in the contract, which binds you to the company, if you leave before your year is up, you get sued.
they obviously pay a lot towards recruitment, and nobody wants to lose employees fast

Just a warning, not saying you shouldn't accept employment, not at all.
just saying you must ask a lot of questions first and make sure you check out the retainer clause in the contract, and that it suits you if you should want to leave earlier than a year

anyone have any info on cranswick other than what i've heard?

Cheers

Last edited:

BobsLawnService

Expert Member
The Year-Long retainer is not an unusual clause in contracts where you've been hired by an agency these days. Lots of companies are getting bitter about forking out big bucks to an agency only for the developer to leave before a year has passed.

As for the increase in staff turnover, it's generally a good question to ask in an interview anyway. If a company is shedding a ton of employees within a short space of time it does mean that there is something wrong with the company.

jxharding

Expert Member
very true @BobsLawnService
i feel that this is not necessarily applicable to one company, but to all companies. people should ask questions before accepting employment
but its very difficult to get hold of previous employees contact details, they dont always have public profiles and public CVs, and they often try to keep up a good relationship (even after a bad relationship), just in case crap hits the fan somewhere along the line and if they need a reference