CSGO Sticky thread

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
https://steamcharts.com/app/730

Now:

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

391,969 Avg
452,285 Peak

They are about 100k down since 2017. Compare that to the total VAC bans during 2018,

https://steamdb.info/stats/bans/

VAC applies to these Source-based games,

Cheating in one of the following Source games or a Source mod will result in a VAC ban for all games in the list below:
  • Counter-Strike: Source
  • Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
  • Day of Defeat: Source
  • Team Fortress 2
Similarly, cheating in one of the following Gold Source games will result in a VAC ban for all games in the list below:
  • Counter-Strike
  • Condition Zero
  • Ricochet
  • Day of Defeat
  • Team Fortress Classic
  • Half-Life: Deathmatch
  • Deathmatch Classic
so yah... I don't know about any other current non-Valve game which still uses Valve Anti-Cheat. COD utilises their own anti-cheat (TAC) for years now, so that excuse of having a VAC for COD because of some 'legal' script is getting old now. BattleEye is also very popular in mass multiplayer games.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I am enjoying danger zone, it is quick and fun, but this is by no means a full on Battle Royale. This is more like a mission based elimination challenge. Good decision by Valve. It has a hint of Ring of Elysium.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
I am enjoying danger zone, it is quick and fun, but this is by no means a full on Battle Royale. This is more like a mission based elimination challenge. Good decision by Valve. It has a hint of Ring of Elysium.
The game engine won't manage truly big maps or high player counts. From what I've read, looks neat though. MiBR...mini battle royale.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
This Danger zone things is shyte. Maybe need to play it more to appreciate it. But I want to play rounds, not Battle Royal...
It takes time to get used to. I play Ring of Elysium, and Danger Zone is very similar. I see many of my friends trying Battle Zone out and then they go Casual/Competitive so it is definitely not replacing the other game modes of choice for players.

Currently, I want to unlock the MP5-SD | Lab Rats on both of my accounts.

Cav5034

It takes time to get used to. I play Ring of Elysium, and Danger Zone is very similar. I see many of my friends trying Battle Zone out and then they go Casual/Competitive so it is definitely not replacing the other game modes of choice for players.

Currently, I want to unlock the MP5-SD | Lab Rats on both of my accounts.
How do you do the lab rats thing?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
How do you do the lab rats thing?
https://dotesports.com/news/how-to-unlock-the-new-mp5-sd-lab-rats-skin-for-free

How to unlock the new MP5-SD Lab Rats skin for free
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is finally free-to-play, and Valve is rewarding players who try out its new battle royale mode, Danger Zone.

The third MP5 skin was released in today’s massive update, which also included Danger Zone. The skin is called Lab Rats, most likely because everyone testing out the battle royale mode for the first time is being experimented on while Valve improves the mode.

The MP5 | Lab Rats skin is only available for a limited time, though. It’s likely that Valve will prevent it from automatically dropping into players’ inventories in the next notable update for Danger Zone.

To unlock the MP5 | Lab Rats skin, all you need to do is load up a game of Danger Zone on an account with Prime status and get 250 XP. To reach Prime status, you need to reach level 21 in casual matches. If you don’t want to wait that long for Prime, you can buy the status for $14.99.

Once you’re done with your first game of Danger Zone, the MP5 | Lab Rats skin is all yours. It should drop into your inventory once you get back to the lobby in the main menu.
I have 200-something experience now in DZ.