Curiosity - Sales in a IT Environment

S8n667

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
I'm curious about what the industry standards are regarding remuneration for Sales staff.
Obviously I'm not expecting solid figures, but I'd like to know how different places structure the packages, benefits etc, how often commission is paid out, and how much does comm affect the cash you take home?

I'm curious across the board, within the IT Fields, but more focused on those selling End to End IT Solutions Packages, everything from Hosting, Software Development, Connectivity, Infrastructure Design and Implementation, down to Desktop Support.
 
I'm curious about what the industry standards are regarding remuneration for Sales staff.
Obviously I'm not expecting solid figures, but I'd like to know how different places structure the packages, benefits etc, how often commission is paid out, and how much does comm affect the cash you take home?

I'm curious across the board, within the IT Fields, but more focused on those selling End to End IT Solutions Packages, everything from Hosting, Software Development, Connectivity, Infrastructure Design and Implementation, down to Desktop Support.

When I worked as channel based PM - which isn't pure sales. 40% of salary was target based, meet the target 100% and you get full salary. Meet it 90% and you get 95%, it scales in some ****ed up way to the point where if you made 75% of target you got 0% of the 40. but if you made 110% of target you got 130% of the 40%. It's messed up and I left it for good reason.
 
Thanks for the info GhostSixFour.

And say hypothetically, you "sold" something that brings in monthly income for the company. Such as monthly hosting, Connectivity, SLA etc. Would that go towards your "target" every month? Or would you get rewarded for that as a once off?
 
Thanks for the info GhostSixFour.

And say hypothetically, you "sold" something that brings in monthly income for the company. Such as monthly hosting, Connectivity, SLA etc. Would that go towards your "target" every month? Or would you get rewarded for that as a once off?

I own a hosting co, we pay first monthly instalment to the rep, but its capped at 80% of the basic.
 
Thanks for the info GhostSixFour.

And say hypothetically, you "sold" something that brings in monthly income for the company. Such as monthly hosting, Connectivity, SLA etc. Would that go towards your "target" every month? Or would you get rewarded for that as a once off?

I know some places pays the comm in one month, but normally the staff have a choice.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X