Custom Gas Hob

Stuey74

I want to replace my electric hob with a gas one. The issue I need help with is that the hole in the marble counter top is 750mm x 490mm, currently occupied by a Whirlpool ceramic hob. Struggled to replace the original a few years back, only 2 hobs on the market that fit. Have searched around and cannot find anything to fit. So I guess I would need a custom made hob. I have sent a few queries out but have not had any responses. Has anybody had a gas hob made up and can direct me to someone who can do this? I am in Midrand.

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
I want to replace my electric hob with a gas one. The issue I need help with is that the hole in the marble counter top is 750mm x 490mm, currently occupied by a Whirlpool ceramic hob. Struggled to replace the original a few years back, only 2 hobs on the market that fit. Have searched around and cannot find anything to fit. So I guess I would need a custom made hob. I have sent a few queries out but have not had any responses. Has anybody had a gas hob made up and can direct me to someone who can do this? I am in Midrand.
Is it not cheaper to just get that hole enlarged to whatever the normal dimensions are?

bromster

Executive Member
Call a granite place to come and cut it for you. This will be fastest, probably cheapest and will make it future-proof.

Cut a 900mm hole, then it will fit countless models.

I'm sure that you can adjust a set of cupboards on one side to accommodate this.