Cybersmart - Is this possible

I'm also interested as to whether this prices will stay post-1st November cause that 192k option is looking good
 
well if its still R100 and people say it works i'm switching .. saving R100 is another month of access :) Still i want to hear from someone actually using them cause till now besides laurie, i have not heard a thing about them and thats not good when they are clearly the cheapest/which means alot of people should be applying there
 
im using cybersmart. cybersmart has been my isp since july and till now have i not had any problems.
with the 3gig Cap @ R100, you can only POP your [email protected] emails.
and if you want to POP emails from anywhere else its R145/month. but so far so good with cybersmart.
 
hrm as long as gmail still works, port 443/4000 & telnet usable etc i'm happy. i'll move end of this comming month.
 
Wow, R 100 for 192k is really cheap, maybe we just too sceptical?
 
I use them and have had no problems. Get good pings etc and int is fine.

However they are hardcapped and on a 192 line your next 3gb is R165 afaik.
Will suck getting to lets say 25th of the month and then for 5days u gotta spend R165.
But thats telkoms fault i guess,not the isp's.
 
I reckon if you reach the 3gigs its cheaper to go with one of the "buy a gig for R70" crowd rather than pay for an extra 3 gigs.
 
But 165 top up + 100 basic = R265 ->6 GB
now.. R200 basic + R70 = R270 ->4GB

so you dont loose :p esp if you plan on using 6gb rather than just over 3GB.
 
Last edited:
Email I got from them...

Still applies

No contract - 1 months notice enough

We will hld these prices for 24 months
 
telkomsuig said:
Anybody knows whom they use for their bandwith SAIX/IS/UUNET?

According to the mail they sent me when I queried who they are using --They said neither,they managed their own bandwidth..

Diddy
 
Can anyone post some ping times to a SAIX games server? We should be able to tell then most likely

And maybe a traceroute would help too.
 
yeah i'm wondering the same, i don't want to find that the lag is bad on international.
 
dd1313 said:
According to the mail they sent me when I queried who they are using --They said neither,they managed their own bandwidth..
They don't even understand the question which is a bit scary
 
Yeah, I'm a bit sceptical, thats why I was trying to get an opinion from you guys
 
mas said:
im using cybersmart. cybersmart has been my isp since july and till now have i not had any problems.
with the 3gig Cap @ R100, you can only POP your [email protected] emails.
and if you want to POP emails from anywhere else its R145/month. but so far so good with cybersmart.

I have been with Cybersmart since 29/10. I have the 192k account. No problems except the service was off for an hour yesterday morning. I telephoned them and the call was answered within about 15 seconds.

I do not agree with the fact that you can only 'POP' your @cybersmart email. I am using my webmail account as well as another one. Check your pop settings on your other accounts. Some are pop, some are pop3, some are mail, etc.

Thumbs-up for Cybersmart.
 
Last edited:
rsachoc said:
Can anyone post some ping times to a SAIX games server? We should be able to tell then most likely

And maybe a traceroute would help too.
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.


Pinging igubu.saix.net [196.25.1.1] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 196.25.1.1: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=250
Reply from 196.25.1.1: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=250
Reply from 196.25.1.1: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=250
Reply from 196.25.1.1: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=250

Ping statistics for 196.25.1.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 22ms, Maximum = 24ms, Average = 23ms



Pinging games.saix.net [196.4.79.14] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 196.4.79.14:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),



Pinging sgs1.saix.net [196.43.3.36] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 196.43.3.36: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=123
Reply from 196.43.3.36: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=123
Reply from 196.43.3.36: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=123
Reply from 196.43.3.36: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=123

Ping statistics for 196.43.3.36:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 21ms, Maximum = 24ms, Average = 22ms

Does this help? I am with Cybersmart on a 192K connection.
 
Last edited:
Cool, must be on the SAIX network.

crazyfrog, have you had any issues with Cybersmart?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X