Data needed ,10 gig, no adsl/ lte /fiber

upup

Honorary Master
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
10,007
Reaction score
1,737
Location
currently offline
There is cellphone coverage, this friend just needs data, no movies, no games, just porn, sorry I mean just data. Which packet can he choose, eg Telkom or Vodacom 10 type deal on 3g. Every website just got fiber or super fast lte. He stays in Vereening somewhere.
 
Won't work if there's no Telkom coverage.
Webafrica LTE is Telkom based. As per a post Webafrica advised his friend there is no coverage.

If he has 3G coverage it will work but roaming on vodacom will not work. The OP did not mention the area but said telkom or vodacom deals. This is an ok deal to test, do the R99 deal and see if it's usable.

Edit I see at the bottom it's Vereeniging.
 
If he has 3G coverage it will work but roaming on vodacom will not work. The OP did not mention the area but said telkom or vodacom deals. This is an ok deal to test, do the R99 deal and see if it's usable.

Edit I see at the bottom it's Vereeniging.
Which is fair what the OP said.
Point being if there's no good Telkom coverage he can't use it properly.
I'd rather suggest that he doesn't waste too much money, but buy a prepaid Telkom sim and a cheap hourly bundle to test.
 
I used to play Riviera on Vaal and Maccauvlei back in the days, before the lockdown.
 
Telkom usually has data bundles for R15/GB on their Mo'Nice promotion. Just dial *123# to see what offers are available and load a small bundle to test the service before purchasing a larger bundle.
 
Telkom usually has data bundles for R15/GB on their Mo'Nice promotion. Just dial *123# to see what offers are available and load a small bundle to test the service before purchasing a larger bundle.
Mo'nice might only be available from the 2nd month (on a new sim). Buy a normal bundle for the first month and then Mo'nice the next month.
 
I bought two new SIMS from a Telkom shop a few weeks ago and they both had Mo'Nice offers available as soon as they registered with the network. Previously I had to wait a day or two for the Mo'Nice offers to load but I didn't need to load airtime to get the offers to load. The deals on a new SIM card are usually quite decent - 1GB for R16 and 4GB for R60 etc.
 
I bought two new SIMS from a Telkom shop a few weeks ago and they both had Mo'Nice offers available as soon as they registered with the network. Previously I had to wait a day or two for the Mo'Nice offers to load but I didn't need to load airtime to get the offers to load. The deals on a new SIM card are usually quite decent - 1GB for R16 and 4GB for R60 etc.
images (4).jpeg
 
I bought my mother a new sim 2 months ago to get cheaper data. The Mo'nice deals were not available in the first month.
Did you buy the SIM from Telkom directly or a supermarket? Once or twice before I have had to wait several days for the Mo'Nice offers to load. Mo'Nice often seems to be offline when I have tried to purchase bundles. Sometimes it's easier just to purchase another SIM card than to wait for it to register or to load special offers if there is a delay for some reason.
 
Did you buy the SIM from Telkom directly or a supermarket? Once or twice before I have had to wait several days for the Mo'Nice offers to load. Mo'Nice often seems to be offline when I have tried to purchase bundles. Sometimes it's easier just to purchase another SIM card than to wait for it to register or to load special offers if there is a delay for some reason.
I bought it from Telkom whilst I upgraded my contract about 7-10 days before lockdown. So actually half a month before the deals showed on the new prepaid sim.

Next time, I will get another sim.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X