DevConf 2017 coming to Gauteng

skimread

Honorary Master
Anyone know what company the 7 million account hack guy hacked? That should be newsworthy

Cius

Executive Member
Got my ticket and looking forwards to it. A lot of good speakers lined up.

skimread

Honorary Master
Hey you asked lol.
I thought it was a new one.

I don't see the point of the devconf website redacting who was hacked seeing that it is public knowledge.
With more and more data being available on the web, wouldn't it be nice to know how to access it? I'll show you just how easy it is to work out how a private API works by sending requests through an HTTP proxy, and how to scrape data directly out of web content when an API doesn't exist.Finally I'll detail the process I went through to discover and exploit a vulnerability in one of the largest [type redacted *] companies in SA, and how to avoid this in your company.* = currently going through the responsible disclosure period. Which will be up soon and they're publishing a fix soon.

Akasha

Executive Member
DevConf 2017 will take place on 8 March and tickets can be purchased from the official website.

9 MARCH, 2017, JOHANNESBURG ??

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
I checked with Matt, this is a previously undisclosed company & he has been working with them on resolving issues which is why he hasn't mentioned it before.

The only company I think off is a certain ISP.
But not sure it they fixed their API vulnerability.

DFantom

Expert Member
The only company I think off is a certain ISP.
But not sure it they fixed their API vulnerability.

Nope. Not going to spoil it for him though (or the fact that you could come to DevConf and find out), I think it is kinda awesome and I remember being annoyed at the time when this companies app stopped working suddenly - now understand the real reason.

Kevin Lancaster

MyBroadband Editor
DevConf 2017 will take place on 8 March and tickets can be purchased from the official website.

9 MARCH, 2017, JOHANNESBURG ??

The press release sent out was incorrect. The article has been updated. Thanks for the message.