Diablo 3 - Best Item Drops

PhreeMe

Expert Member
So in sticking with what seems to be tradition of creating a thread for everything, here's one for item drops.
What I'm interested to know is what your best Item drop to date is (this is not your highest dps item or best piece of armour - it's Sets and Legendaries) and the details surrounding it's drop if you can recall.

So:

Difficulty:
Item Level:
Item Type:
Item Name:
Neph Valour lvl:

Here are mine....

Difficulty: Inferno
Item Level: 60
Item Type: Set
Item Name: Immortal King's Stone Crusher
Magic Find: 12%
Neph Valour lvl: 1

Item Level: 60
Item Type: Set
Item Name: Tal Rasha's Binding? (the helm)
Neph Valour lvl: 2

Level: 60
Item Type: Legendary
Item Name: The Grandfather
Neph Valour lvl: 2

Oculate

Honorary Master
Item Level: 56
Item Name: Messerschmitt's Reaver
Magic Find: 0%
Neph Valour lvl: 5

Pretty useless for a Monk, will go to my Barb alt at some point where it will be awesome for 4 levels :p

Last edited:

Kaine

Expert Member
found, and bought a few rares that have lasted anything I found or could afford for 15 levels plus. one I can think of was a ring with +dmg, +100odd str, vit, +life and +crit chance. lasted more than 20levels!

PhreeMe

Expert Member
found, and bought a few rares that have lasted anything I found or could afford for 15 levels plus. one I can think of was a ring with +dmg, +100odd str, vit, +life and +crit chance. lasted more than 20levels!

I'd point you to the second sentence, but it bumps the post.... Unless you mean it was legendary?

Kaine

Expert Member
legendary does not equal best drops unfortunately :( though blizz have said they will add legendaries eventually that will be better than any rare

PhreeMe

Expert Member
legendary does not equal best drops unfortunately :( though blizz have said they will add legendaries eventually that will be better than any rare

I agree with your point, but I'm really keen to see what's happening with Legendary/Set drops. I can't believe so few of us have seen them....

Here's to patch 1.03. The patch that is supposed to buff these items.... except only when they drop again :crying:

Kaine

Expert Member
I managed to get a 2set of a set called aughilds something or the other off the AH for about 90k combined (lvl42 set items) which Im still using at lvl 55 :) havnt hit act2 of hell yet though, as Ive started trying to finish off achievements. havnt had any issues yet with my toon and killing stuff. (I play a barbarian) if I do die on a boss, change my skills a bit. (frenzy with stun on a boss = WIN!!!)

grim

Expert Member
Lol, legendaries and set items exist?

I haven't seen a single one and all my gear has been bought off the AH.

I have 56k lifetime kills and 2719 Elite kills.

Normally running around with about 90% MF and 5 stacks valor so ~165% total MF.

Archer

Honorary Master
I'm confused, is the the "I havent found squat but I use the AH" thread? :p

PhreeMe

Expert Member
I'm confused, is the the "I havent found squat but I use the AH" thread? :p

:D
Anyhoo

Item Level: 54
Item Name: 1h DH crossbow (will edit the name in)
Neph Valour lvl: 3

What irks me about all of my drops is I haven't had 5 Neph Val. When I do have 5 stacks though, I haven't had any Set/Legendary drops.

This was while playing co-op.