Did MWEB kick the bucket?

TheRealWitblitz

The reason I'm asking is, I've been on a 4Mbps Uncapped Premium ADSL Data for the past 5 years or more and have been reasonably happy with it. But for the past 2 months it's been appalling. The drop in quality even started weeks before the COVID-19 fiasco. It's especially dreadful from mid to late afternoon until 10pm, when it magically starts working again. Giving me the impression it must be throttled/shaped. YT videos buffer at 144p, pings to gaming servers are in excess of 1000ms, etc. Is it time to move on? I opened a detailed ticket almost two weeks ago, but the system seems dead, no one is responding.

Maccafur

I'm experiencing the same thing but I'm on a 10 meg line. I also suspect that there is shaping happening as a speed test reveals that I have full line speed. I have tried to contact MWeb but no joy either by their phoneline ( which encourages you to hold the line but I draw the line at 20mins) or an online query. I now have Vumatel fibre running past my house and want to connect but MWeb not even available for that!!

Oldfut

I have also been on the 4Mbps Uncapped Premium ADSL Data line for some time and pretty happy. BUT I am guessing with lockdown and Netflix, I have had an email about "MWEB Connect Acceptable Usage Policy" basically saying uncapped isn't really uncapped but Mweb will cap it when they feel like. I still don't download much. Their threat is "If you continue to use your Internet at the current rate, your connection will be slowed down".

Not easy to do during lockdown.

You may have ended up being slowed down for whatever reason.

Of course options are to upgrade, easily doubling the cost. Colour me grumpy.