Dimension Data to cut jobs

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dimension Data to cut jobs

Dimension Data confirmed that it has engaged in a Section 189 consultation process which will result in the retrenchment of approximately 480 employees.

"Dimension Data can confirm that it has started the process of consulting with stakeholders and employees, with a view to implementing a new operating model aligned with announcements in March this year," the company said.

Gozzy

Worked for another company at their Bryanston Campus, was an awesome place, during my beginning days (2011) it was the place to be, everyone wanted to work there, the Campus was very lively and lots of stuff going on, then in 2018 my company decided to pack up as their rent was becoming a bit much and they literally could get a bigger/better place for less, but I noticed over the years how less lively it became...

As we moved out, I was chatting to the Shop Owner (Mike) in the middle of the Campus at the time, he was also stressing as apparently most of the companies pulled out of the Campus, which resulted in more than half the buildings being empty, obviously having a negative impact on his business.

Hopefully they can turn things around.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Sucks beyond words.
What a great company and friendly folks working there.
I've dealt with many people from IS over the years, the good ones are long gone. The company is struggling because their service is crap

Lupus

Honorary Master
I worked at IS for 9 years from 2006, it was great in the first 5 years or so, than it just started going down. After I left they started retrenching the good guys and more and more

adidaisy987

IS / DD was a great place and an amazing organisation. Service was great and the engineering staff were passionate and dedicated. Executive management ruined the place, got rid of all the talent and brought in their buddies.

Its a pity the good people are always the 1st to go and the incompetent are then left behind. For the top its just a figure guiding their decisions and hiding behind excuses with no real leadership and clue on how to steer the ship.

As long as the incompetent are leading there will always be problems no matter how many times the organisation tries to restructure at the expense of the staff.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I remember sitting in a meeting two years ago where my ex-CTO told they IS guys their offer is not competitive at all and they better come up with a plan or they'll be out of work in three years.

I thought he was a little bit dramatic, the look on their faces were one of cocky disbelief, but here we are.

That man was right again.

IS / DD was a great place and an amazing organisation. Service was great and the engineering staff were passionate and dedicated. Executive management ruined the place, got rid of all the talent and brought in their buddies.

Its a pity the good people are always the 1st to go and the incompetent are then left behind. For the top its just a figure guiding their decisions and hiding behind excuses with no real leadership and clue on how to steer the ship.

As long as the incompetent are leading there will always be problems no matter how many times the organisation tries to restructure at the expense of the staff.
There has been bloat in the "Group" structure while bleeding away true techies. Result is middle management that has no clue and competition from a lot of former employees