Dissidents marrying DA - Zuma

Balstrome

Banned
Let me try a bit of commenting here.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/Politics/0,,2-7-12_2426075,00.html

Kimberley - ANC dissidents divorcing the party were at the same time celebrating a new marriage to the Democratic Alliance, ANC president Jacob Zuma said on Thursday.

He asserted that this had been implied by DA leader Helen Zille when she addressed the breakaway group's recent convention in Sandton, Johannesburg.

"It's not me who said that, it's (Helen) Zille in that conference," Zuma said in Galeshewe, Kimberley.
So he agrees that people are leaving the ANC and will be voting for another party which is not the ANC. Normally politicos are worried about losing votes to other parties. So this must mean that the losses are not as bad as have been reported or Zuma is doing ostrich damage control.

Zuma was addressing thousands of volunteer election workers.

He jokingly asked the crowd if any of them would also consider marrying the DA, evoking a roar of refusal.
We all know that he can read a crowd well, and he would not asked that question if he felt that they would not answer in the positive. A better question to ask them would have been why would they not marry the DA. Do those thousands of election workers understand the DA's policies, or have they even listen to them.
Zuma said those who were leaving the African National Congress should know that they would remain a tiny minority.

"Their plan is that people would resign in phases, ministers, councillors, mayors, premiers - even if they do that they would stay a tiny minority."
The number of people resigning will create a feeling that something is wrong, and it will keep the issue of the new party in the public's eye. Zuma or the ANC will say or have said already, that they wish everyone who wants to leave would hurry up and leave. But that would only help the ANC, and helping the ANC is not what the staggered leaving is all about.
The ANC president told the crowd he was ready "to be led" by the party.

"I'm ready to be led. If the ANC said 'you, come back', I would be glad (and) I would never be angry."
"to be led" in other words, if he crashes and burns, then it's not his fault, and this also shows that he, personally, does not have a policy that he would like to put in place. And what is this "I would never be angry"? If the ANC tell him to take a hike, will he get angry? I have always understood party leaders to tell the party what to do, and not the other way around like a puppet.

Zuma said those leaving the ANC on their popularity they had in the organisation should think twice.

"They think they can take that popularity to other organisations. Do not think when you drive on the wave of the ANC that it is your own wave."
That is where Zuma and the ANC could make a mistake, in that opposition parties do not have to worry about popularity, just that they have to convince voters that their method of running things would benefit the voters. And they only have to convince a relatively small number as well to do some major damage to the ANC.

Zuma said the masses had respected and supported many ANC leaders because of the movement.

He urged party members to leave those departing the ANC alone.

"Please let them go in peace. Maybe we would have fewer problems."
Zuma says that the masses are dumb and should leave policies to the ruling party. I wonder if he gave a evil grin when he said that those leaving the ANC should be left alone. And lastly he does not know if those leaving are the ones who caused the problems in the first place, or whether they are people who are tired of working with people who cause problems.

Zuma repeated his message that the ANC would seek to improve the salaries of the police, teachers, and nurses.
Excellent populist message here, but no follow up on how the ANC is going to pay for this improvements. Or when they will start and how long it will take to complete. Just vote for ANC and we will get to it, we promise...maybe

Young mothers tended to leave their kids with grandparents, creating financial problems for the elderly, Zuma said.

"Children are eating up the pensions of their grannies."
Words like "Lead by example" come to mind here, but I would guess that in the crowd there was more "grannies" than young mothers.
He was to conclude his Northern Cape visit by attending a closed ANC fundraising event in Kimberley.
"closed fundraising" is code word for poorly attended meeting.

Well this was fun and totally pointless..

Buddha

lol

nice :p

well problem is the masses dont read this stuff

that is the problem.

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
Ah, the crazy Umshimiwam statement of the day. Soon to be followed by the stupid stupid stupid Malema outburst of the day.

The ID, IFP and others attended the convention. The ANC was invited, but declined. Why the focus on the DA? The ANC is the party that absorbed the Nats, why is the DA portrayed as being evil?

DWPTA

Expert Member
Zuma said the masses had respected and supported many ANC leaders because of the movement.

He urged party members to leave those departing the ANC alone.

"Please let them go in peace. Maybe we would have fewer problems."

Yea right. Looks like the "vrot" apples are still around in the ANC

Durban - A meeting that was scheduled to be addressed by Congress of the People (Cope) leader Mosiuoa Lekota was disrupted by hundreds of African National Congress supporters, news reports said on Friday.

The ANC members, who were transported to the venue in bakkies, threw plastic chairs at the Lekota supporters and ripped Cope posters from the walls.

ANC 'disrupts' Cope meeting

Well the gullible masses will probably be the only saving grace for Zuma

BBSA

Honorary Master
Ah, the crazy Umshimiwam statement of the day. Soon to be followed by the stupid stupid stupid Malema outburst of the day.

The ID, IFP and others attended the convention. The ANC was invited, but declined. Why the focus on the DA? The ANC is the party that absorbed the Nats, why is the DA portrayed as being evil?

He is playing the race card. The DA is perceived as a white party.

Tassidar

Expert Member

The easiest way of winning electoral votes is creating a belief of us vs them. Portray a person / group / movement as evil and frightening and you're half way there.

Nazi Germany did it with Jews; Nats with swart gevaar; Bush with Al Queda;
ANC with whites.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Why not choose Coloured and Black executives for DA ?
I see no problem with that, as long as they are component and the best candidate for the positions.

Do you suggest that the DA put Coloured and Blacks in the executives to attract votes?

I hoop one day we can start to look pass colour and see people for what they are. Vote for the best candidate and not based on the colour of their skin.

The ANC needs an enemy to attract votes:eek: This is not helpful to build a truly non racial society

Last edited:

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
I see no problem with that, as long as they are component and the best candidate for the positions.

Do you suggest that the DA put Coloured and Blacks in the executives to attract votes?

I hoop one day we can start to look pass colour and see people for what they are. Vote for the best candidate and not based on the colour of their skin.

The ANC needs an enemy to attract votes:eek: This is not helpful to build a truly non racial society

Yeah, we can all be Obamafied!

nivek

Executive Member
Whats he doing addressing "volunteer election workers" anyway? Giving extra maths lessons?

samuelp

Majority of people won't vote for the best candidtate, but for the candidate they believe to be close to their problems.
I don't think people from Township recognize Zille as a potential leader for them

BBSA

Honorary Master
Majority of people won't vote for the best candidtate, but for the candidate they believe to be close to their problems.
I don't think people from Township recognize Zille as a potential leader for them

Yes, true but sad..... well maybe one day. If America can do it them hopefully we can also do it one day.;)

Last edited:

Balstrome

Banned

There in lies the rub, to use an old quote, I think that if godzilla was given a chance, she would do more for the blacks than Zuma ever promised, but you already know what I am going to say...