Do not Get this Provider

powermzii

Expert Member
Where’s the website to view location of rain towers?
When you log into rain.co.za and access your dashboard, click on view for the relevant sim. There will be a link for optimise and it'll show the towers around you

azbob

Honorary Master
When you log into rain.co.za and access your dashboard, click on view for the relevant sim. There will be a link for optimise and it'll show the towers around you

I don’t have a rain account. Want to see where the nearest towers are before signing up.

R13...

Honorary Master
I don’t have a rain account. Want to see where the nearest towers are before signing up.
You can order a gig and do all that. They only charge for the data you use. So a test like that wouldn't cost you anything as you can use any other provider to access the dashboard

azbob

Honorary Master
You can order a gig and do all that. They only charge for the data you use. So a test like that wouldn't cost you anything as you can use any other provider to access the dashboard

Thanks. Wanted to try the 7 day free.

powermzii

Expert Member
Oh ok, sorry - assumption on my end.

If you give guys here your general location they might be able to help with tower specifics

Cyrex

Cyrex representative
Company Rep
I am still having issues, funny thing is i tested last night it ran perfect upload and download speeds, as soon as i hit 5 - 6 am it went back to 0.2 mbps down and 12 mbps up so yes the person stating previously that it is congestion was correct, i can only point my router to one tower in my location due to the build of the house, although i have tried putting it outside it still connects to one tower only, which is 1.15 km's away there is one closer 0.34 km's but alot of obstruction, but again getting good speeds in the morning ours and bad during the day seems like either congestion or Throttling of service

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I am still having issues, funny thing is i tested last night it ran perfect upload and download speeds, as soon as i hit 5 - 6 am it went back to 0.2 mbps down and 12 mbps up so yes the person stating previously that it is congestion was correct, i can only point my router to one tower in my location due to the build of the house, although i have tried putting it outside it still connects to one tower only, which is 1.15 km's away there is one closer 0.34 km's but alot of obstruction, but again getting good speeds in the morning ours and bad during the day seems like either congestion or Throttling of service
Hi Cyrex,

Thank you very much for the above feedback - we will ensure this is passed on to our networks team as this will help with the ongoing investigations. We will provide you with the feedback obtained as soon as we are able.

Regards,
rain_mobile

unobeat

Unfortunately after 5 days of waiting for Rain network support findings, i get an email that i need to reboot my router so that it can connect to a different tower.

I am disappointed and dissatisfied with their customer service.

RAIN needs to do better to fix their network. Today was just a horrible day with the network as i could not even download Whatsapp messsges and Twitter.

cpu.

Executive Member
Unfortunately not even 5 towers within 250m to 2km around you will guarantee a good connection/speed. (Someone on this forum)

azbob

Honorary Master
Unfortunately not even 5 towers within 250m to 2km around you will guarantee a good connection/speed. (Someone on this forum)

According to the map there's only 1 tower in CT? That can't be right.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Unfortunately after 5 days of waiting for Rain network support findings, i get an email that i need to reboot my router so that it can connect to a different tower.

RAIN needs to do better to fix their network. Today was just a horrible day with the network as i could not even download Whatsapp messsges and Twitter.
Hi unobeat,

Thanks for the feedback.

The main reason for us requesting a reboot on Thursday was to see if we are able to get you connected to the closest tower first, to see if that improves your experience. You had provided us with feedback last night which we will need to pass back to our networks team.

Once we have this feedback we will be in touch with the next steps of your query.

Regards,
rain_mobile

Cyrex

Cyrex representative
Company Rep

also have issues i had to get out a external antenna mount it outside and point it to the towers to connect to them moving the router around just kept connecting to the same tower every time only when mounting the external antenna it started connecting to towers 1.7 km away and then i pointed the antenna to my roof and now for some odd reason i get slightly better internet, during the day its still slow but at night it bolts high, and yes i agree Rain is still not worth it they think the community is all uneducated. i really did want to get the 5g but with this network there is no way in any future of any existence that i or anyone i know will ever use rains network again, i am using it till i get fibre next month and that is it

Speedster

Honorary Master
also have issues i had to get out a external antenna mount it outside and point it to the towers to connect to them moving the router around just kept connecting to the same tower every time only when mounting the external antenna it started connecting to towers 1.7 km away and then i pointed the antenna to my roof and now for some odd reason i get slightly better internet, during the day its still slow but at night it bolts high, and yes i agree Rain is still not worth it they think the community is all uneducated. i really did want to get the 5g but with this network there is no way in any future of any existence that i or anyone i know will ever use rains network again, i am using it till i get fibre next month and that is it
I told you, use full stops and they'll up your speeds. Posts like this knock you all the way back down again.

Nurple Derple

Honorary Master
@rain_mobile I put in a request yesterday to downgrade me back to the 19hr package and haven't a squeak from your customer services. I don't want to be stuck for another month paying for the 24hr package hell I don't want to pay for an extra day

Speedster

Honorary Master
@rain_mobile I put in a request yesterday to downgrade me back to the 19hr package and haven't a squeak from your customer services. I don't want to be stuck for another month paying for the 24hr package hell I don't want to pay for an extra day
Can't you do this on the dashboard?

unobeat

I thought of investing on a external Antenna, but with all these issies that i have experienced.

Its not worth it and i would rather stick to my MTN which has been reliable with no issues all day everyday.