Do you prefer using wired or wireless headphones?

Do you prefer using wired or wireless headphones?

• Wired

Votes: 71 50.0%
  • Wireless

Votes: 71 50.0%

• Total voters

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Wireless

- apple Airpods
- ease of use (no wires)
- sound quality more than acceptable
- relatively unobtrusive to others (can have only 1 in ear)
- can play / pause by tapping Airpod
- phone calls are clear - no wire 'scratching' sound when moving
- can have phone on bedstand while in bed
- can fall asleep with them in

marlin178

Expert Member
Wired.
Wired IMO will always give better results plus you don't need to worry about another device to charge.
Audioquest Dragonfly Black, a decent set of IEM's (my preference) and a decent source = pure audio nirvana!

Jase

Expert Member
I have both but prefer wired as it eliminates the need for charging (which I always seem to forget to do).

Solarion

Honorary Master
Wired

Prevents mind controlling satellites from intercepting the communication and feeding me subliminal messsages.

saor

Honorary Master
Wired.

Though if I'm cleaning the place listing to podcasts the cable is forever getting caught on things.
Having a wireless receiver in my ear also freaks me out a little.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Prefer vs use.

Prefer: wireless
but don't because:
- charge
- some devices don't have bluetooth
- can be noticeable audio degradation

Usually there's also a price premium attached.

TehStranger

Executive Member
Wireless

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD1 wireless Pink Floyd edition (Momentum 2.0s with Bluetooth, noise cancelling and a paint job) and they've changed my life. I commute 3 hours every day using public transport, and the ability to move freely without wires getting caught on everything as I change from train to metro is just wonderful.

Charging the battery can sometimes be a hassle, but I get a solid 20+ hours of on time and can plug in a cable if they battery dies and I'm between charging points.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Wired. I'm not sure why- maybe because there's a part of me that still wants to play around with stuff like the Objective 2 amp and dac.
Also, I have enough devices that need to be recharged to bother with

Park@82

Honorary Master
Wireless. I put my phone on charge and walk around with my headphones while listening to podcasts.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Everything should be wireless. Wireless charging. Wireless earphones. Wireless speakers. Voice to Text..... Phones should have no ports and no physical buttons.

Wireless. Far less cumbersome. I have multiple wireless earphones and headphones. Battery is not an issue. Perfect for gym and watching movies at home or anywhere without disturbing anyone. No wires.