Does Ramaphosa read or memorise his speech?

Salmank

I doubt there can be a script on the desktop???

Otherwise, this guy is really intelligent; to remember the order, and speak so eloquently.....

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Otherwise, this guy is really intelligent; to remember the order, and speak so eloquently.....
You've really never heard of a teleprompter?

And yes, there is almost certainly a script on his desk in case the teleprompter fails.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Lol. Nothing about that delivery implied it was memorised.

shutterstock_738702928-825x465@2x.jpg

chrisc

Honorary Master
TV and presenters have been using teleprompters since the 1930s. The first ones were wound by hand with sheets of paper glued together

Now and then (the 1948 Olympics in London was one) the wind tore the paper and the announcer lost his way. At Churchill's funeral in 1965 they were using an electronic device and someone tripped over the cable. The reader was able to carry on, since he read the speech beforehand

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

Good trained and usable memory nowadays equals really intelligent?

Perhaps we've just got lazy/forgotten how to remember. I mean who has time for a cultivated retention.

John Tempus

Executive Member

LMAO with this type of sincere question I understand completely why the general voting populace in this country is driving it into the toilet.

:ROFL:

borro

Expert Member
He starts the memorization process a short time after lunch.

The Door

Honorary Master
Lol. Nothing about that delivery implied it was memorised.

shutterstock_738702928-825x465@2x.jpg
Anyone know the benefit of having the screen reflected instead of just presenting it on the screen directly?

*Edit* ok I see the camera is behind the mirror which is effectively just one way glass...

Pegasus

Honorary Master
Anyone know the benefit of having the screen reflected instead of just presenting it on the screen directly?

*Edit* ok I see the camera is behind the mirror which is effectively just one way glass...

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Reading or not, imagine how long the address would have taken if Zuma were still in charge? :ROFL:
He'd still be trying to read the figures.

Last edited:

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Readin or not, imagine how long the address would have taken if Zuma were still in charge? :ROFL:
He'd still be trying to read the figures.
Americans are getting 2 hours of trump almost nightly! Be thankful we dont live in that petri dish.