Does Standard Bank mobile app support Face ID?

jano2006

Before I invest in a fingerprint-less iPhone X, I need to confirm that Standard Bank believes it secure enough to support Face ID in its mobile banking app, or at least that I will be able to sign into internet banking with it. Anybody who has experience with it?

SiR_BP

Interesting question.. Same goes for FNB, any X users using the mobile app with face recognition?

Claymore

Executive Member
The X authenticates to the FNB app (and the Outsurance app) with face recognition. The phone presents it as fingerprint, so if an app supports fingerprint authentication, face recognition should work too.

whatwhat

Executive Member
Before I invest in a fingerprint-less iPhone X, I need to confirm that Standard Bank believes it secure enough to support Face ID in its mobile banking app, or at least that I will be able to sign into internet banking with it. Anybody who has experience with it?
I assume you're not planning on getting an iPhone X now when the Xs will be available on the 21st of September.

As for FaceID, yes, since there is no touch sensor the FaceID works in it's place automatically even if the apps haven't been updated to support it. But the FNB app does work with FaceID.