Domains.co.za Epyc VPS

Murmaider

Hi Guys,

We have soft launched our new Epyc VPS offering which is based on the AMD Epyc platform.
We have done a lot of performance tweaking to this, however we would like some honest feedback from members on this forum who currently utilize VPS or Cloud servers.

If you are interested in testing out a VPS, please PM me what OS you would like and we will set one up for you.
These VPS's will run for 14 days before being terminated. The only requirement is that we would like feedback regarding stability and performance and any suggestions you think could improve the offering.

The OS's you can choose from are:
CentOS
Ubuntu
Debian
Fedora
Windows (2012, 2016 and 2019).

EDIT: 29/01/2019 - Thanks to all who helped test our Epyc VPS's.

thanks guys,
Dave @ Domains.co.za

Last edited:

Murmaider

Damn those cPanel license is expensive pm.
Hi lord-of-war,

They are very market related. If you look around for a cPanel VPS license, you will find that individual licenses are about $15 per license.

So:
$ 14.95 x R 14.00 (optimistic dollar buying rate) = R209.30
R 209.30 x 15% vat (because we have to charge this) = R 240.69

Please keep in mind that you are not forced to buy cpanel licenses through us, you can go and source your own cPanel license from a license provider like buycpanel.com and use it on your VPS.

Regards,
Dave @ Domains.co.za

Brenden

Hi lord-of-war,

They are very market related. If you look around for a cPanel VPS license, you will find that individual licenses are about $15 per license.

So:
$ 14.95 x R 14.00 (optimistic dollar buying rate) = R209.30
R 209.30 x 15% vat (because we have to charge this) = R 240.69

Please keep in mind that you are not forced to buy cpanel licenses through us, you can go and source your own cPanel license from a license provider like buycpanel.com and use it on your VPS.

Regards,
Dave @ Domains.co.za
Hi Dave,

Sent you a PM.

Kind regards,
Brenden

fever2tel

To me as as user with 3 of them, your weak point is definitely your backups. Refer to the image below.

One year later the backup system is not sorted out (raised a support ticket for this 28 May 2019, 14:33). The backup count never resets at the end of the month, for all 3 of my VPS. If you need to take a backup, and if since you signed up you have taken more than 10 (their fix was to increase it from 5), then you are screwed. Yesterday facing the same issue where I can't continue work cause I could not back up the VPS first. Opened another high priority ticket yesterday and got no reply yet, just phoned in, and they asked me to email them with the same info yet again.

Another basic requirement would be able to label your backups with a text note, would making restoring to a certain backup much less error prone (I requested this feature and the just said no).

The position of the restore backup and delete backup buttons are RIGHT next to each other. I always am so careful, but this is just bad design, even if you are using standard software, the CSS can be tweaked etc.

I have only had one incident where your hosting went down for 10 mins the one morning, so its been pretty good.

Please fix your backup system, its like you guys have never used it.

1582793237996.png

Murmaider

To me as as user with 3 of them, your weak point is definitely your backups. Refer to the image below.

One year later the backup system is not sorted out (raised a support ticket for this 28 May 2019, 14:33). The backup count never resets at the end of the month, for all 3 of my VPS. If you need to take a backup, and if since you signed up you have taken more than 10 (their fix was to increase it from 5), then you are screwed. Yesterday facing the same issue where I can't continue work cause I could not back up the VPS first. Opened another high priority ticket yesterday and got no reply yet, just phoned in, and they asked me to email them with the same info yet again.

Another basic requirement would be able to label your backups with a text note, would making restoring to a certain backup much less error prone (I requested this feature and the just said no).

The position of the restore backup and delete backup buttons are RIGHT next to each other. I always am so careful, but this is just bad design, even if you are using standard software, the CSS can be tweaked etc.

I have only had one incident where your hosting went down for 10 mins the one morning, so its been pretty good.

Please fix your backup system, its like you guys have never used it.
Hi,

Let me take a look into this for you, I know there was some previous back and forth with the software vendor regarding the backup limit issue, as far as I was aware this had been resolved, clearly not if you still having the issue.

I'll get back to you in a PM once I have more information.

Regards,
Dave @ Domains.co.za

fever2tel

Hi,

Let me take a look into this for you, I know there was some previous back and forth with the software vendor regarding the backup limit issue, as far as I was aware this had been resolved, clearly not if you still having the issue.

I'll get back to you in a PM once I have more information.

Regards,
Dave @ Domains.co.za
I see you fixed the restore image now, nice! And added a wee bit of space between cancel, great! And thanks for upping the limit. A bonus would be if the text notes could be added!

While you fixing things so well:
1582803429302.png
My one VPS states its running CentOS, its actually running Ubuntu now. I originally installed Centos the first time, then later rebuilt it with Ubuntu. It's not a big thing.

Murmaider

A bonus would be if the text notes could be added!
Feature request has been submitted for this.

My one VPS states its running CentOS, its actually running Ubuntu now. I originally installed Centos the first time, then later rebuilt it with Ubuntu. It's not a big thing.
I've asked the dev's take a look at a callback from the vps platform to the billing system on OS re-install to update OS value displayed. I know this is already being done if a customer has a linux OS and re-installs with Windows and visa versa (for licensing).

Regards,
Dave @ Domains.co.za