Doogee or Blackview phone?

Neltf

Howzit guys, so work circumstances has opted me to get a Rugged phone, a budget one that will last me at least 24 months, Having cash and decisions limited I can't get any proper reviews on eider a Doogee S30 or S55 lite??
Blackview seem to offer me a BV4000 pro or BV5500 of which I hear the 5500's crack screens easily from reading from YouTube comments, so it's basically boils down to the Doogee S30 or S55 light?
Thank you

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Doogee S50 (my phone) and the Doogee S55 (my son's phone) both great products.

If you want to see how rugged a S55 is:

Neltf

Well , After much thought and consideration , I decided to go for the Blackview BV5500 , Great phone in general , phone has been working good , only for one small issue that I have , And that is that sometimes notifications doesn't come directly through on apps (WhatsApp/Facebook)
seems like when you screen lock the phone all is like lost , and you have to physically go into those apps to retrieve the messages.
Banking & other apps seems to work good on notifications , and I have checked every known data restriction.
Guess I will just have to get used to it , other than that , not a bad phone for it's budget class

Customer1

Well , After much thought and consideration , I decided to go for the Blackview BV5500 , Great phone in general , phone has been working good , only for one small issue that I have , And that is that sometimes notifications doesn't come directly through on apps (WhatsApp/Facebook)
seems like when you screen lock the phone all is like lost , and you have to physically go into those apps to retrieve the messages.
Banking & other apps seems to work good on notifications , and I have checked every known data restriction.
Guess I will just have to get used to it , other than that , not a bad phone for it's budget class
Check that your phone has background data enabled.

Neltf

Sooo , this has been an eventful weekend , I Swoped the Bv5500 out on Friday because it was starting to act up weird for another new Device , and As luck has it , the new device has a faulty Battery (Lasts about 4-5Hours) , Send it back this morning , got my refund...
Off to Cash Crusaders to buy the Doogee S55 Lite for R2500 , Arrived there and what do you Know lol , They have it Marked down to R2000 (the last one also)
Instantly bought it , and have been working with it non stop since this morning without a hickup or problem , Battery still 47% good , Very Happy...

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member

eg2505

Honorary Master
What ROM's ? Generally Chinese phones have an OTA waiting when you receive them and one or two more to fix issues. These phones go out of production fairy quickly and are replaced with newer and better models.

Check out NeedROM.com if you want to see what ROM's are available.
https://www.needrom.com/category/doogee/
https://www.needrom.com/category/blackview/
was more looking from XDA what is available to download, as generally that gets updated a bit more frequently.
security patch levels.

Neltf

Seeing these phones doesn't come with a weather app , what is a Good one to use?