Doom Eternal

Arthur

Honorary Master
Watched this morning. Hell on earth. Pure unadulterated first person shooter in the Doom tradition.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Goddamn that was beautiful! Just a pity my donkey pc won't run it. Still, once I do eventually get to play it, the neighbours are going to get to experience it with me.

Okty

Expert Member
Unlike its predecessor, id Software is developing the game's multiplayer component in-house, as opposed to being outsourced to the previous game's multiplayer developer Certain Affinity,[10][11] with the goal of making the experience more "social" and "connected" with the single-player campaign.
Co-up play in the single-player campaign maybe?

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Goddamn that was beautiful! Just a pity my donkey pc won't run it. Still, once I do eventually get to play it, the neighbours are going to get to experience it with me.
The last Doom was optimised extremely well.

What are your specs?

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
The last Doom was optimised extremely well.

What are your specs?
Pitiful I'm afraid.

AMD Phenom II 2.8Ghz processor
4Gb DDR 2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD5800 series 1Gb Gfx card
Crucial 256Gb SSD (about the most up to date component in my pc)

I won't even consider running this game (or any other new game that I want to play - Witcher 3, Sniper Elite 4 etc) on reduced specs just for the sake of playing it. I am happy to wait until I've updated my rig to enjoy these games to their most spectacular fullest! Hopefully in the new year I will be in a position to get things updated. Will probably looking at between R10k - R12k for a new system (but that estimate could change).

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Haha!

"Remember, demon can be an offensive term. Rather refer to them as 'mortally challenged'"

:D
Ooooh don't you get started. I got so triggered on Twitter yesterday. I will make a concerted effort to refer to them as mortally challenged in future - and those posters as mentally challenged.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Ooooh don't you get started. I got so triggered on Twitter yesterday. I will make a concerted effort to refer to them as mortally challenged in future - and those posters as mentally challenged.
Haha! I had posted this long before all the outrage came out (or I even knew about it). I just thought it was funny :D

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Haha! I had posted this long before all the outrage came out (or I even knew about it). I just thought it was funny :D
it is very funny - but it seems the SJWs have made it even funnier. They have misunderstood it completely. They are standing up for the rights of all mortally dead beings.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Sooo. It looks fun.

Release is somewhere in 2019 and the game mechanics looks crazy and seamless. I just hope the SJW crowd won't ruin it entirely since they've already started to moan at the jokes. The rhetoric in the 7 minute trailer is comedy gold.