DStv (for business)

L-Dog

Hey Guys

I basically have DSTV for mnet, movies, news and mainly sport. All the cheap packages don't have sport and you basically need the premium package for all the sport. I see there is a DSTV for Business option which is only R 350 and includes all these items, Is it possible to register a business and the just get this package ?

L-Dog

Thanks had a look but the article doesn't really provide a clear reason, I can just start an Airbnb and surely get the stay essential ?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Thanks had a look but the article doesn't really provide a clear reason, I can just start an Airbnb and surely get the stay essential ?
The article was useless - didn't even attempt to address the headline. But the thread itself was more valuable imo.

gfmalan

Expert Member
Hey Guys

I basically have DSTV for mnet, movies, news and mainly sport. All the cheap packages don't have sport and you basically need the premium package for all the sport. I see there is a DSTV for Business option which is only R 350 and includes all these items, Is it possible to register a business and the just get this package ?
When you sign up for DSTV Commercial, you need to pick from 6 different types, some are like you mention cheaper.
The “catch” is that you need to sign up for minimum 3 smartcards on the Hotel/Guest House/Retirement Village option.

I have multiple Corporate/Office base packages and added a few extra channels to some, but very quickly it become more expensive than just taking out a consumer premium version.

So yes, you can go for that package, but then you need to sign up for 3 of them, and then it would be cheaper to get premium. All the subscriptions need to be used on same premises (so you and 2 friends can’t share), and you have to have a business.

L-Dog

@gfmalan, Thanks I had a look at the application form and T&C's but couldn't find any requirement for a minimum of 3 licences. Multichoice sent me an application form so will fill it in early next year and see what they come back with.

gfmalan

Expert Member
I hope yours look better (few years old this one), but here was how the options looked like.