DSTV Now 4K?

chrisc

Executive Member
4K everywhere else in the world is delivered by fibre. Insufficient bandwith via satellite. Friends in UK have it. 3 channels so far I think

Rabobi

Executive Member
Nope not yet, a new Explora will be launched in time for Black Friday. Its supposed to be available when the new decoder is launched.
Source? DSTV 4K? Mybb would be all over that with a MASSIVE story

sybawoods

Expert Member
Interesting, if true. Could be that a new decoder is launched that enables viewing of downloaded content in 4K (i.e. catchup, Box Office etc), vs "live" 4k content via satellite, which would be onerous.

Nope not yet, a new Explora will be launched in time for Black Friday. Its supposed to be available when the new decoder is launched.
Source? DSTV 4K? Mybb would be all over that with a MASSIVE story

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
DSTV has been 4K for many years now.

Kak, Kak, KaK and (they love repeats) Kak

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
4K everywhere else in the world is delivered by fibre. Insufficient bandwith via satellite. Friends in UK have it. 3 channels so far I think
Not enough AFFORDABLE bandwidth via satellite.

Very different.

sybawoods

Expert Member
Jip that's it, no display and no RF out. Monochoice making them cheaper and cheaper. Supposedly going for R699 for the decoder on BF for those still trapped in the Multichoice web.

:crylaugh: I see Hificorp can't even get the decoder's name correct.
Lol! So will the decoder itself be capable of outputting 4k, or will the 4k streaming announcement simply be linked to the release of the decoder?