DStv Now not ready for prime time

pointer

If I subscribed to DStv Now as my only source of TV I'd have demanded my money back by now, there are far too many breaks in service for this to be a commercial product. When they do eventually launch I'd advise anyone thinking of using it to wait until the problems are sorted. And there are a few that need fixing, not just the service breaks.

Speedster

Executive Member
You posted this exact post on another thread. Why repeat it here?

Goobie

Expert Member
If I subscribed to DStv Now as my only source of TV I'd have demanded my money back by now, there are far too many breaks in service for this to be a commercial product. When they do eventually launch I'd advise anyone thinking of using it to wait until the problems are sorted. And there are a few that need fixing, not just the service breaks.
Could it be an internet connection problem? I rarely have an issue with DSTV Now

deweyzeph

Executive Member
My DSTV decoder died about 2 years and I have exclusively used DSTV Now on my Xiaomi Mibox as my primary way of accessing DSTV. I have to say I haven't had any problems to date. I even took down my satellite dish after it started rusting away.

pointer

Definitely not a connection problem, it's a 200mbps line between 7 of us, netflix, online games, facebook, youtube, zooming, nothing else has any problem. Sometimes DSTV used to display "sorry, the problems on our side, please try later" but in the last month or two just a black screen, sometimes for hours, no message. You don't get that kind of service when you're subscribed to something like netflix. Maybe it's regional? I'm in Jhb.

pointer

New message, same problem: "We're Sorry - DStv Now is temporarily unavailable as something unexpected went wrong. Please check again in a few minutes time."
What other streaming service has these kinds of problems?

robass

Jip have the same problem here in PE from time to time . I have found that clearing the cache sometimes helps

pointer

Jip have the same problem here in PE from time to time . I have found that clearing the cache sometimes helps
The message "We're Sorry - DStv Now is temporarily unavailable as something unexpected went wrong. Please check again in a few minutes time." is from DStv itself not from cache. If you press shift-F5 the page is reloaded from the website, bypassing cache, and when that message comes up it often stays there even after shift-F5.

robass

The message "We're Sorry - DStv Now is temporarily unavailable as something unexpected went wrong. Please check again in a few minutes time." is from DStv itself not from cache. If you press shift-F5 the page is reloaded from the website, bypassing cache, and when that message comes up it often stays there even after shift-F5.
Apologies should of said I'm running it from my Mi-Box

geezer

Expert Member
Apologies should of said I'm running it from my Mi-Box
Should have, should’ve or should of
Should have refers to a missed opportunity, an unfulfilled obligation. Should have is often expressed as the contraction should’ve, especially in speech. Should’ve sounds perilously like should of, however should of is not correct and should never be used. Contractions have been around as long as the English language, many examples exist in Old English. Interestingly, while the use of contractions has always been popular in spoken English, there have been periods in history when the use of contractions in written English was frowned upon. Today, contractions such as should’ve are not generally used in academic and scientific writing, but may be found in more informal methods of written communication.

steco777

The only thing I’ve watched on dstv now is the bachelor once a week (wife watches) and it works perfectly.

robass

Should have, should’ve or should of
Should have refers to a missed opportunity, an unfulfilled obligation. Should have is often expressed as the contraction should’ve, especially in speech. Should’ve sounds perilously like should of, however should of is not correct and should never be used. Contractions have been around as long as the English language, many examples exist in Old English. Interestingly, while the use of contractions has always been popular in spoken English, there have been periods in history when the use of contractions in written English was frowned upon. Today, contractions such as should’ve are not generally used in academic and scientific writing, but may be found in more informal methods of written communication.
Completely irrelevant, but glad you took the time to entertain me.