Posted this on the DSTV forum, but their members, whilst helpful, are not up to date on the new tv's etc.
Recently got a new Smart LG 47" TV after my last 42" one died. It's the 47LB720T. Nice TV, enjoy it.
I am using it with my SD PVR (no..not buying an Explora)
Problem is that while live TV plays fine, most shows that are recorded, "flash" bright and normal all the time. It's very distracting, like someone turns up the brightness instantly and then back down, in a fraction of a second. It's like flickering brightness.
Now I can't say it happens with every recording..maybe it is channel dependent, but it is doing that on most recordings.
I suspect it has something to do with the advanced refresh rate or other options on the new tv, but I have played with most settings, and nothing seems to have resolved it.
Can't understand why only recordings, and not live tv. Only on this tv too...the old household tv's don't do this, so it is probably something to do with refresh rates or something.
Anyone have any ideas?
Recently got a new Smart LG 47" TV after my last 42" one died. It's the 47LB720T. Nice TV, enjoy it.
I am using it with my SD PVR (no..not buying an Explora)
Problem is that while live TV plays fine, most shows that are recorded, "flash" bright and normal all the time. It's very distracting, like someone turns up the brightness instantly and then back down, in a fraction of a second. It's like flickering brightness.
Now I can't say it happens with every recording..maybe it is channel dependent, but it is doing that on most recordings.
I suspect it has something to do with the advanced refresh rate or other options on the new tv, but I have played with most settings, and nothing seems to have resolved it.
Can't understand why only recordings, and not live tv. Only on this tv too...the old household tv's don't do this, so it is probably something to do with refresh rates or something.
Anyone have any ideas?