DTT migration chaos gathers speed: DA

Sonic2k

Executive Member
For as long as ANC cadres see this as yet another thing for them to get their grubby paws on, to enrich themselves, it will be a never-ending, never starting thing

Voicy

Honorary Master
That's quite sad :/

On a weekly basis I'm switching off DTT senders along with DAB radio on stations when we test new installations and seeing the guys operate it is a pleasure.

I think one of the biggest tragedies that will be our country's legacy is that present voters do not realise that they deserve better. But then if they keep voting the way they do, then maybe they don't.

Utterly Confused

Seems it's never-starting as well. :whistling:

It’s quite ironic that the DTT transmissions have been on air for over three years now. I’ve only come across only a few TV’s with DTT tuners incorporated in them. This should have been made mandatory in TV’s sold as soon as the announcement was made that South Africa and SADC was opting for DVB T2. Now this cANCer government will have to supply set top boxes for TV’s that wouldn’t need them in the first place. BTW Namibia has already switched off analogue in February. Shows you how far behind South Africa is falling. :mad:

Beachless

Executive Member
It’s quite ironic that the DTT transmissions have been on air for over three years now. I’ve only come across only a few TV’s with DTT tuners incorporated in them. This should have been made mandatory in TV’s sold as soon as the announcement was made that South Africa and SADC was opting for DVB T2. Now this cANCer government will have to supply set top boxes for TV’s that wouldn’t need them in the first place. BTW Namibia has already switched off analogue in February. Shows you how far behind South Africa is falling. :mad:

You make it sound like government actually made a decision. From what I've read they have been changing their minds practically daily.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
We are only 5 years behind schedule. Relax this is Africa, we will always be behind.