Dual SIM solution for Samsung Galaxy S7

TimTDP

Expert Member
I am going overseas and really don't feel like being ripped off with MTN's roaming rates.
So it is my intention to purchase a data SIM at my destination and turn flight-mode on. But I want to communicate using Whatsapp, so I still need my MTN sim in my phone. It is important to keep my current Whatsapp number.
What device should I purchase into which I can insert the new sim and use as a data connection for my phone?

Nobody Important

Executive Member
I am going overseas and really don't feel like being ripped off with MTN's roaming rates.
So it is my intention to purchase a data SIM at my destination and turn flight-mode on. But I want to communicate using Whatsapp, so I still need my MTN sim in my phone. It is important to keep my current Whatsapp number.
What device should I purchase into which I can insert the new sim and use as a data connection for my phone?
I stand to be corrected. But since Whatsapp is already installed on your phone and your number has already been verified, when you put in a new sim it will continue to work from the "old" number. I did that a few years ago and it worked, don't know if things have changed now.

Alternatively, you can buy a cheap mifi device and insert your overseas sim in that, and connect to it via wifi. Turn off mobile data on your phone to be safe.

marioat1

Expert Member
Just buy a sim card once there, install in phone. What'sapp telegram etc will work even on wifi, no need for flight mode.
Unless you've enabled data roaming.