DVD to avi

marine1

Honorary Master
Once again, what is the best solution for this?
Any updates?
Or even an ISO to AVI
Thanks
Need to rip my set of dvd's to AVI

marine1

Honorary Master
how would you batch create avi's from multiple dvd's?
Aslo what output settings would you recommend? H264 avi?
Problem is I have a series to convert not a movie so there seem to be more than one video stream per disc

Last edited:

cfvh600

Expert Member
well I suppose you could set it to do one pass only and reduce the quality setting. Or get a faster CPU. :) what setup are you running?

Necuno

Court Jester
decent quality takes time; best method are not the wizards but some proper application where you can manually custom do everything, but not all of us are that kind of -lets-write-a-program-about each time, me opts for the one click solution :D

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
ja, it depends on your CPU. With a dual core or quad core, you should get it down to around 30 or 40 minutes per DVD.

marine1

Honorary Master
Dam :( seems like a great program though, just to convert my whole series 60 discs :eek:

Necuno

Court Jester
Ahhh crap keeps crashing in Windows 7 64 :(:(
laziest method i used was nero's encode thing. dvd to mp4. single click and it was ok to keep, you could obviously up the quality and so on.

marine1

Honorary Master
Thanks man will have to look at it, it works on Vista but on Win 7 it crashes. :(
Need to find something that works on win 7 as thats my main machine now.

nihilist

Expert Member
Marine1, try Handbrake - http://handbrake.fr/

Runs perfect on win7 x64 RC1 and the quality is good, set it up to rip to a certain size and it will set the quality accordingly. Always use 2 pass encoding. Just read the documentation to get more specific info, you'll prob want to do a few tries first until you get used to it.

Last edited: