Electromagnetic therapy

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
By some weird sequence of events I happen to have a Bemer 3000 electromagnetic therapy mat for a few day. Science says there is no significant proof to back it in any way...except maybe improved bloodflow. However I know quite a few people who swear by them...incl some medical people.

That mat thingie costs close to 30k.:eek:

Just curious what you guys think about this. Haven't tried it yet...will report back after Carte Blanche or so.:D

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Ok tried it...and didn't notice any difference. Will definitely give it a few more shots while I have the opportunity though.:eek:

DJ...

Banned
OK, I am going to play a game called "spot the advice in this thread". Anyone else want to play? Its easy: just find the advice in this thread and post it below. I will start and then everyone else follow suit.

Good Luck

Advice in this thread:

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Electromagnetic therapy? I got this magnet suite you can buy for R2000 that has being proven to work 1000% more effective than the car seat. Though... 1000% of 0% is still 0% :p

This magnetic suite protects you from invisible electromagnetic radiation that your cell phone chucks out, so it will protect you. It may also interfere with the quality of you call.. and for only R200 (this one time special only).. Ive got an "Electromagnetic condenser head applicator" ... even though it looks like a tin foil hat.. its not. Its being specially folded by highly trained North African pygmies to better facilitate your therapy with the healing help of scientific Feng Sui... and if you phone right now, for this very limited time only. you will get a bottle of African Potato vitamins, which has being suggested to cure HIV/AIDS, Cancer and stupidity.

FYI, your question is answered in that wiki link you posted:

The Moore Cancer Center of the University of California, San Diego Medical Center offers alternative therapies for cancer patients. However, it clearly states on its website that to their knowledge "there is no scientific evidence available that any electromagnetic therapies work."[3]

Last edited:

risingtide

By some weird sequence of events I happen to have a Bemer 3000 electromagnetic therapy mat for a few day. Science says there is no significant proof to back it in any way...except maybe improved bloodflow. However I know quite a few people who swear by them...incl some medical people.

That mat thingie costs close to 30k.:eek:

Just curious what you guys think about this. Haven't tried it yet...will report back after Carte Blanche or so.:D
Electro-magnetic therapy has proven effects. About 20 years ago, when the first research results were published, the "Elektor" electronics magazine in Germany gave the circuitry to build a simple device that could be used for minor ailments like headaches, burns, and accelerate the healing of wounds.
A battery, a thick nail, some copper wire, switches, a few other electronic components, that was it. The cost of materials to construct this device was probably less than R50 in today's money.

Last edited: