EMUI 10 based on Android Q announced

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
The much anticipated EMUI 10 has now gone official, looking even more modern and clean.

In addition to unveiling its own operating system Huawei also announced the tenth iteration of its EMUI interface. The new software will be based on Android Q and will offer a redesigned interface, system-wide dark mode, snappier performance and several new features.

Starting off with the design aspect, EMUI 10 will come with more rounded icons and new animations. The new dark mode will also be able to extend to third party apps which is a welcome addition for those who prefer darker menus. There are more clock and calendar styles as well as additional Always on Display options.

On the performance side, EMUI 10 will be more responsive thanks to improved EROFS file system and GPU Turbo 3.0, promising faster interactions and less latency when switching through apps.

Huawei also demoed a new form of linking phones with PCs called Multi-screen collaboration. You’ll be able to wirelessly connect the two and mirror your phone directly on the computer screen. From there you’ll have access to all your phone’s files and seamlessly respond to messages or transfer files.
Huawei’s HiCar will let you pair your phone to work on your car’s infotainment system and control music, navigation and even functions like AC in supported vehicles.

The first device to launch with EMUI 10 will be the upcoming Mate 30 while P30 owners can expect to get the new firmware starting September 8.
https://m.gsmarena.com/emui_10_based_on_android_q_announced-amp-38600.php?__twitter_impression=true

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Huawei announces first phones to get EMUI 10

Huawei introduced EMUI 10 last week and now it's following it up with the first road map for the rollout. The Huawei P30 and Huawei P30 Pro will be the first two devices to get the initial beta, scheduled for September 8.

The Mate 20 lineup will get it later in September along with four Honor devices that are in line for the Magic UI 3.0 (which is no more than a rebranded EMUI).

Scheduled for September 8
Huawei P30
Huawei P30 Pro

Scheduled for late September
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design

Scheduled for late September under the name Magic UI 3.0
Huawei Honor 20
Huawei Honor 20 Pro
Huawei Honor V20
Huawei Honor Magic 2

https://m.gsmarena.com/huawei_announces_initial_road_map_for_emui_10-news-38680.php

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I like the look. It's cleaner, feels snappier with the new animations. The removal of the app drawer icon (replaced by a swipe up) fits in better with gestures.

Thirstycurve

Huawei introduced EMUI 10 last week and now it's following it up with the first road map for the rollout. The Huawei P30 and Huawei P30 Pro will be the first two devices to get the initial beta, scheduled for September 8.

The Mate 20 lineup will get it later in September along with four Honor devices that are in line for the Magic UI 3.0 (which is no more than a rebranded EMUI).

Huawei P30
Huawei P30 Pro

Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Huawei Mate 20 X

Huawei Honor 20
Huawei Honor 20 Pro
Huawei Honor V20
Huawei Honor Magic 2

https://m.gsmarena.com/huawei_announces_initial_road_map_for_emui_10-news-38680.php
If I get the update on my Mate 10 Pro before year end I'd be delighted.

Sarg3_ZN

September you say, Vodacom will release this some time in late January 2020

Tcyte

Huawei P30
Huawei P30 Pro

Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Huawei Mate 20 X

Huawei Honor 20
Huawei Honor 20 Pro
Huawei Honor V20
Huawei Honor Magic 2

I wonder if SA will follow this schedule on time *exciting moments*

Sinbad

Honorary Master
So my phone got enrolled in the beta program for Q...

So far the device seems to be snappier (I think it's the way the animations are tuned/optimized).
Most noticeable change is on the home screen. Icons are better spaced out, seems like a friendlier layout, and there is no more icon for the app drawer.

You now swipe up to get apps. Seems more intuitive, in line with how the other gestures work.

There's a new location permission mode (apps can get your location only when they're in the foreground, as opposed to any time).
As with most betas there are some hiccups. The fnb app stopped working, even with a delete and reinstall. Fortunately the RMB private bank app still works (weird). Maybe a factory reset is needed but I'm a bit far away from my backups etc at the moment so that will have to wait.

My phone's charging mechanism is a bit dodgy, so there are some niggles with charging that may or may not be Q related, I don't know. Sometimes when I unplug the charger the phone still reports as charging.

There is supposed to be a monochrome mode but I haven't found it yet. I'm not really able to spend a lot of time fiddling yet, will do so on my return to SA

Overall though I think this will be a good progressive upgrade to Pie and should be well received.

Aharon

Executive Member
So my phone got enrolled in the beta program for Q...

So far the device seems to be snappier (I think it's the way the animations are tuned/optimized).
Most noticeable change is on the home screen. Icons are better spaced out, seems like a friendlier layout, and there is no more icon for the app drawer.

You now swipe up to get apps. Seems more intuitive, in line with how the other gestures work.

There's a new location permission mode (apps can get your location only when they're in the foreground, as opposed to any time).
As with most betas there are some hiccups. The fnb app stopped working, even with a delete and reinstall. Fortunately the RMB private bank app still works (weird). Maybe a factory reset is needed but I'm a bit far away from my backups etc at the moment so that will have to wait.

My phone's charging mechanism is a bit dodgy, so there are some niggles with charging that may or may not be Q related, I don't know. Sometimes when I unplug the charger the phone still reports as charging.

There is supposed to be a monochrome mode but I haven't found it yet. I'm not really able to spend a lot of time fiddling yet, will do so on my return to SA

Overall though I think this will be a good progressive upgrade to Pie and should be well received.
Hi

How does one enroll?