Eskom CEO receiving death threats

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Death threats against Eskom CEO Andre de Ruyter

Eskom CEO Andre de Ruyter has been facing death threats and unfounded allegations after starting a clean-up operation at the power utility.

This was revealed in a News24 interview where he discussed his work to turn around the company which has been gutted by corruption and mismanagement.

The interview took place less than two weeks after senior counsel Ishmael Semenya found that allegations against De Ruyter were without substance.

The allegations — made by former Eskom chief procurement officer Solly Tshitangano — included abuse of power, racial discrimination, poor governance, irregular recruitment, irregular staff appointments, and unlawful procurement.

surface

Honorary Master
What is new? In the words of my fellow comrade, leader of a Great Liberation Movement has been receiving death threats since his birth and has survived countless assassination attempts.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Killing him won't solve anything, it's not De Ruyter who is the problem, it's the New Dawn, and you can't stop the New Dawn.

Acid0

Expert Member
"The allegations — made by former Eskom chief procurement officer Solly Tshitangano — included abuse of power, racial discrimination, poor governance, irregular recruitment, irregular staff appointments, and unlawful procurement...."

The go to when you dont have anything to add.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Its not a surprise at all really..

When you cut off peoples access to hundreds of millions and even billions of rands they will get very angry and try reopen those taps any way that they can.

In this instance, I would have no issue with him having a decent security detail and the cost for it given what he is doing for the entity as a whole.

ToxicBunny

Now when will Solly be arrested for making false racist claims? Making up stories that someone is racist by outright lying should have the same consequences as saying the K word.

If you believe some cops, it will only happen if Andre lays charges and it doesn't look like he is going to do that. He has had his "revenge" in so much as Solly has been fired and all his access to funds and power has vanished.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
If you believe some cops, it will only happen if Andre lays charges and it doesn't look like he is going to do that. He has had his "revenge" in so much as Solly has been fired and all his access to funds and power has vanished.
Yes, but I'm talking about when blackey labeling whitey racist by outright lying that they were called the k word, then whitey has to fight in court to prove their innocence with no repercussions for the accuser.

This whole k word law is BS, whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me"?

ToxicBunny

Yes, but I'm talking about when blackey labeling whitey racist by outright lying that they were called the k word, then whitey has to fight in court to prove their innocence with no repercussions for the accuser.

This whole k word law is BS, whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me"?

Oh I don't disagree, and I suppose my comment actually needs some more context...

Some cops would like us believe that it is up to the "victim" to initiate the charge and that nothing can happen without it, when that isn't strictly true.

I do to some degree side with the k-word stuff though, but not necessarily the zeal and political football aspects that the incidents become wrapped in.