Exchange on my TyTn

Here is the message that I get:

1. When I got to Messages/Outlook/Send Receive, Outlook says Error Synchronizing.

2. If I go to Start/Programmes/ActiveSync
There's a message that says "Attention Required"/ I click the message and it reads:
Microsoft Exchange
________________________________
Results:
The security certificate on the server is not valid. Contact your Exchange Server Administrator or ISP to install a valid certificate on the server.

View Support Code/ Support Code: 0x80072F0D

I mailed my IT person but his response..., well, let me just say he wasn't interested. Briefly he said "If your Windows Mobile supports proxy-connections to Exchange via Basic Authentication, then you can synchronize online -- the domain is ****. You have to use proxying, though, due to the setup in the USA." (My company's Head Office is in Washington DC).

There is one more guy who is very much IT inclined in the office, I will also try to mail him and see what he says...
 
Here is the message that I get:

1. When I got to Messages/Outlook/Send Receive, Outlook says Error Synchronizing.

2. If I go to Start/Programmes/ActiveSync
There's a message that says "Attention Required"/ I click the message and it reads:
Microsoft Exchange
________________________________
Results:
The security certificate on the server is not valid. Contact your Exchange Server Administrator or ISP to install a valid certificate on the server.

View Support Code/ Support Code: 0x80072F0D

I mailed my IT person but his response..., well, let me just say he wasn't interested. Briefly he said "If your Windows Mobile supports proxy-connections to Exchange via Basic Authentication, then you can synchronize online -- the domain is ****. You have to use proxying, though, due to the setup in the USA." (My company's Head Office is in Washington DC).

There is one more guy who is very much IT inclined in the office, I will also try to mail him and see what he says...

Certificate dude .. your IT dudes need to hook you up with this ..
 
Here is the message that I get:

1. When I got to Messages/Outlook/Send Receive, Outlook says Error Synchronizing.

2. If I go to Start/Programmes/ActiveSync
There's a message that says "Attention Required"/ I click the message and it reads:
Microsoft Exchange
________________________________
Results:
The security certificate on the server is not valid. Contact your Exchange Server Administrator or ISP to install a valid certificate on the server.

View Support Code/ Support Code: 0x80072F0D

I mailed my IT person but his response..., well, let me just say he wasn't interested. Briefly he said "If your Windows Mobile supports proxy-connections to Exchange via Basic Authentication, then you can synchronize online -- the domain is ****. You have to use proxying, though, due to the setup in the USA." (My company's Head Office is in Washington DC).

There is one more guy who is very much IT inclined in the office, I will also try to mail him and see what he says...

Okay so I know I am more than a year late but maybe this could help someone. I had the same problem when syncing to our exchange. This will show you how to install a certificate via a cab file to your windows mobile device, I exported the certificate out of internet explorer and followed this dudes guide. Works!! http://www.amset.info/pocketpc/certificates3.asp
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X