Experts issue warning over vaccine delays and third wave

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Just rename mybroadband to The Daily FUD and be done with it :rolleyes:

friedpiggy

Expert Member
Feb 2025.

We are about to hit the 16th wave.

Government is considering further restrictions to protect citizens against this day deadly virus
And the rest of the world including Africa builds a massive wall around SA to stop the virus from spreading to the rest of the world again as they have been virus-free since 2022. SA becomes in effect a plague island where the infected are sent to die and open street wars rage over the few remaining resources. The ANC is still in power after having won the 2024 elections.

krycor

Honorary Master
Experts issue warning over vaccine delays and third wave

Experts have warned that the delays suffered by South Africa's COVID-19 vaccination programme could result in a third wave hitting the country, the Sunday Times reports.

Experts are morons or don’t keep up with scientific journals it seems.. or at least the one that said that as a 3rd, 4th and even 5th will happen regardless of whether we have vaccinated population or not.

Quite simply put rate of vaccinating the population has resource and cost limits which dictate rate of vaccine deployment.. this means irrespective of SA getting a major supply tomorrow.. a 3rd wave is all but guaranteed.

Severity is the only variable we control and that’s where I agree delays will hit healthcare & support staff death rate which is bad. For everyone else it means, in theory, lesser illness when u get infected but if you thinking masking and work/play/life will resume.. I got news for you.. the new norm will be with us for 12-18months.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
how the **** these clowns going to roll out 10's of millions of vaccines :ROFL:
in the ANC way obviously:

- they will get the one least fit for purpose in a hot climate with poor deep cold storage capability and then transport it on the roofs of mini bus taxis in the baking sun ... kinda like buying trains that are too tall for our tunnels

- of course at least 70% of either the procured doses or the money will be stolen, or both

- the few doses that make it to the people will have been baking a while and morphed into something entirely different that doesn't do anything to covid, but there's a good chance some people spontaneously combust or grow a second penis

- naturally, any and all side effects, corruption and the continued waves of covid will be apartheid's fault

nightjar

Executive Member
Ban Ivermectin and then sit on your hands. :thumbsup: Lekker man.

Although Ivermectin is used for the treatment and control of parasites in animals in South Africa it is also used elsewhere to treat several tropical diseases in humans not commonly seen here.

Ivermectin was first registered in South Africa in 1947 and, seemingly, has had no adverse side-affects in that time.

Considering how deeply rooted superstition is in South African minds, plus the fact that this muti is apparently harmless, I would say that it should be available to whoever wants it because the psychological effect will be beneficial to the users.

shearder

3rd wave???? GOD my sides hurt... this is getting better than American politics...

Bismuth

Expert Member
Feb 2025.

We are about to hit the 16th wave.

Government is considering further restrictions to protect citizens against this deadly virus

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

I asked someone which wave of the flu we're one, they mumbled something and wandered off... much like Biden does.

access

Honorary Master
and i suppose they will be surprise and unprepared when it gets to it

animal531

Expert Member
But there's little point in getting the current vaccine for our new variant? E.g. an article showing that Covid antibodies only have a 50% chance against the new variant, meaning that even with 100% innoculation we won't have enough for herd immunity?