jaco45

Hi all. I haven been on Facebook for more than 10 years and a week ago with no reason my facebook profile were disabled. I have gone through all the facebook options to get my account active again, but with no success. I dont really care about my facebook, but the problem is I run a few business pages, some VERY big. Now those pages and groups are GONE. I really do not know what else to do as there are no way of contacting facebook. I have spend a LOT of money on advertising and building these pages over the last 10 years and at this stage really do feel like sueing facebook, but even with this I dont know where to start if one cannot contact them. Please, is there anyone out there that knows what more I can do?

The Voice

Honorary Master
Hi all. I haven been on Facebook for more than 10 years and a week ago with no reason my facebook profile were disabled. I have gone through all the facebook options to get my account active again, but with no success. I dont really care about my facebook, but the problem is I run a few business pages, some VERY big. Now those pages and groups are GONE. I really do not know what else to do as there are no way of contacting facebook. I have spend a LOT of money on advertising and building these pages over the last 10 years and at this stage really do feel like sueing facebook, but even with this I dont know where to start if one cannot contact them. Please, is there anyone out there that knows what more I can do?
It sounds like your account has been compromised. Use one of the links on the (PC) sign-on page to contact them (yes, they are there).

Also, if your account has been compromised, it would be entirely your own fault (weak password, etc), so you'd have no legal recourse, i.e. you wouldn't be able to sue them.

jaco45

It sounds like your account has been compromised. Use one of the links on the (PC) sign-on page to contact them (yes, they are there).

Also, if your account has been compromised, it would be entirely your own fault (weak password, etc), so you'd have no legal recourse, i.e. you wouldn't be able to sue them.

I tried and completed the forms already. One thing I did figure out was that the account was NOT compromised, which is at least a good thing.

The Voice

Honorary Master
I tried and completed the forms already. One thing I did figure out was that the account was NOT compromised, which is at least a good thing.
Well that's good news! It's not pretty when someone else has gotten a hold of it. Out of interest, what happened then? I've seen FB accounts suspended for too many reports on posts, but FB usually notifies you.

jaco45

Well that's good news! It's not pretty when someone else has gotten a hold of it. Out of interest, what happened then? I've seen FB accounts suspended for too many reports on posts, but FB usually notifies you.

I see it actually happens a lot lately and without notice. I received no notice at all. Just started working wanting to update a post on the business page only to find that it's gone. Have been doing a lot of searching the last week and I see it's happening more and more.

Swa

Honorary Master
Facebook disables lots of accounts for no reason. Always manage pages with two backup accounts.

airborne

Honorary Master
It's probably as a result of an automated system flagging/blacklisting of the account for some arbitrary reason, maybe they didn't like the ip address you were using to login or some loop started where your browser was sending endless requests to Facebook and your account was flagged as being linked to a DOS attack.

But these behemoth companies like Google and Facebook with their "free" products and zero customer support is really dodgy for end users with genuine account issues.

I'd start a thread on Reddit, there may be an employee of Facebook on there who may notice your post and try help or someone who has had a similar experience with Facebook and can give advice.

jaco45

It's probably as a result of an automated system flagging/blacklisting of the account for some arbitrary reason, maybe they didn't like the ip address you were using to login or some loop started where your browser was sending endless requests to Facebook and your account was flagged as being linked to a DOS attack.

But these behemoth companies like Google and Facebook with their "free" products and zero customer support is really dodgy for end users with genuine account issues.

I'd start a thread on Reddit, there may be an employee of Facebook on there who may notice your post and try help or someone who has had a similar experience with Facebook and can give advice.

Thank you so much