File Organizer. Or such as.

RossCo91

Active Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
So I am looking for some advice,

I have music, movies, photo's, series all stored on my pc and well, I don't keep very good order of things.

So I am looking for anyone who has used a file organizer before, and could recommend a good one.

Which would put music in the correct albums, series in the correct folder, movies all under the same folder etc

Many thanks.
 
You can use a program called The Renamer to correctly name all the files, but it's usefulness is limited.
As for the rest, you just gotta do it by hand like the rest of us.
I've sorted many Terabytes that way over the years! ;)
You just have to make it a habit.
 
Eish, sorry, I think the only "File organizer" you are going to find that will do what you want is called "RossCo91". Not trying to be funny, I just have never heard of a programme that can do what you need.
 
You will have to use a few different tools I think.
Their are several combinations, but I will tell you what I use and have used.

TV Series & Movies:
Initially after download, use The Renamer - set your own parameters.
Then use Media Companion to prepare for Media Library of your choice (PLEX, XBMC, etc)

Music: (here there are a few good options)
Use iTunes, set it up and configure to keep library organised - set configuration to be how you want it.
Then drop (copy) your music into the "Automatically Add to iTunes" sub folder
Then use a combination of TuneUp Media Companion, Picard Musicbrainz & MP3Tag to get the music organised.
*MUSICBEE and MediaMonkey are also good alternatives.
The automation of music handling is more difficult because a particular identified song can possibly exist on a number of different albums, many of which are compilations.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X