FNB Car Licence Renewal

RedViking

Nord of the South
Joined
Feb 23, 2012
Messages
88,865
Reaction score
75,308
Location
>> CLICK HERE TO FIND COFFEE <<
As we all know the system is broken and one massive mess.


Is it worth it to open an FNB account just for this? Maybe a saving account or something?

My wife banks with FNB but my mom does not.

Can you only register your own vehicle in your name or can I also add my mom's car to it?
 
It's probably only vehicles registered in your name because I think FNB supplies the required documentation for license renewal on your behalf and also you need to take account FNB charge R150 fee.

Something to note is that many licensing offices push elderly people to the front of the queue if they arrive early enough.
 
It's probably only vehicles registered in your name because I think FNB supplies the required documentation for license renewal on your behalf and also you need to take account FNB charge R150 fee.

Something to note is that many licensing offices push elderly people to the front of the queue if they arrive early enough.

Our municipality is a mess. It is Zululand afterall.

I don't mind paying extra. Still less than what my time is worth. So maybe my mom must open a savings account with FNB then.
 
Last edited:
Our municipality is a mess. It is Zululand afterall.

I don't mind paying extra. Still less than what my time is worth.
Don't wait for the last minute because FNB takes at least a week to process the renewal and their system goes down from time to time due to the demand.

My father did that and had to go to the renewal office, he has a bad leg so went to licensing office with his crutches just in case. That got him bumped up to the very front of the line. He did however have to wait around 30 minutes for the offices to open.
 
tried FNB last week and service “wasn’t available” ended up going to do it the old fashioned way.
 
I've renewed 2 vehicle licences in the last 2 months through the FNB app and it works pretty well. It did take about a month for each vehicle from the time I applied for the renewals.
 
Our municipality is a mess. It is Zululand afterall.

I don't mind paying extra. Still less than what my time is worth. So maybe my mom must open a savings account with FNB then.

If not a Cape Town person, where the post office does not do it, why not download the notification that would normally be mailed to you from https://online.natis.gov.za/#/E1D2 and print it (make sure to do it double sided) and then go renew it at the post office?

That's what I did last month with 3 vehicles.
 
If not a Cape Town person, where the post office does not do it, why not download the notification that would normally be mailed to you from https://online.natis.gov.za/#/E1D2 and print it (make sure to do it double sided) and then go renew it at the post office?
Thanks! Will give it a try and see if the post office will accept it.
 
Yep, it was quick at the post office. Took me 10 minutes over the weekend.
 
As we all know the system is broken and one massive mess.


Is it worth it to open an FNB account just for this? Maybe a saving account or something?

My wife banks with FNB but my mom does not.

Can you only register your own vehicle in your name or can I also add my mom's car to it?

I have both my car and my wife's uploaded on my profile and I can renew both on the site. I haven't tried though. I see now that you can only renew 45 days before your expiry date. I might do mine when it expires next month will just go check if there are lines before the time.

They charge R199.
Screenshot_20201005_135400.jpg
 
That's why I pointed out to print it double sided, at first I was not successful with single sided.
No what I mean is our post office is not the best and don't do much besides nothing.

They not on the list here:
 
Don't wait for the last minute because FNB takes at least a week to process the renewal and their system goes down from time to time due to the demand.

My father did that and had to go to the renewal office, he has a bad leg so went to licensing office with his crutches just in case. That got him bumped up to the very front of the line. He did however have to wait around 30 minutes for the offices to open.

Does this mean I can do it a week or two in advance of licence expiring and still get my disc in time, or at least before the 21 days grace period is over?
 
I have both my car and my wife's uploaded on my profile and I can renew both on the site. I haven't tried though. I see now that you can only renew 45 days before your expiry date. I might do mine when it expires next month will just go check if there are lines before the time.

They charge R199.
View attachment 927067
Cool! Maybe it will work then. Will try post office, which I am almost positive is going to fail, then try adding my moms car to my wifes FNB.
 
It's probably only vehicles registered in your name because I think FNB supplies the required documentation for license renewal on your behalf and also you need to take account FNB charge R150 fee.

Something to note is that many licensing offices push elderly people to the front of the queue if they arrive early enough.
No I did my wife's car this way as well.
You can add pretty much any vehicle to the system. When you request a renewal you have to send ID and proof of address through - just send the relevant ones.
 
Does this mean I can do it a week or two in advance of licence expiring and still get my disc in time, or at least before the 21 days grace period is over?
Yeah, the app takes into consideration the waiting period when it recommends when you renew.

Cool! Maybe it will work then. Will try post office, which I am almost positive is going to fail, then try adding my moms car to my wifes FNB.
SmartSelectImage_2020-10-05-14-05-16.png
Has to be a PS on this list
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X