FNB: Channel daily limit exceeded

Napalm2880

Expert Member
I need to pay a deposit for a new flat and I'm unable to make the payment because I keep getting the error:

"Channel daily limit exceeded"

The new FNB website is really a horrible mess in terms of navigation but I was able to find the limit settings on both my cheque and credit cards - which for some reason have been reset without my knowledge to 99999. Anyway, I've set all the limits to a reasonable amount and I'm still getting the error. Do I have to call the bank or is there another section for the "Channel" daily limit that I'm somehow missing?

Frikkenator

Expert Member
Only thing I can think of is that you may be trying to do a real-time transfer which has its own limit.

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Finally got it sorted after getting passed around the call center for a good deal of time.

It turns out the "Channel limit" setting is found under: "Online Banking Settings" on the top right, then "Menu" on the left, then select "Daily Profile Limits" and change the "Daily Limit" setting.

Dolby

Honorary Master
years down the line, but this helped me - thanks.

Silly they don't put it with the other limit adjustments though

Pitbull

Verboten
years down the line, but this helped me - thanks.

Silly they don't put it with the other limit adjustments though
I don't have limits on my cards. Is this something you guys had to opt into? I don't like these daily/monthly limits. Can't remember if I opted out or if I needed to opt in :eek:

Mobus

*dusts off thread*

FYI, looks like FNB does some interesting security profiling and heuristics. My wife tried to transfer money between her own accounts using my computer without success (got a daily limit error even though her online limits were set correctly). We phoned and complained and tried all sorts of tricks. Nothing worked until by chance she used her own computer (the one she usually does her banking on) - transfer went through without a hitch!

BravoFox

*dusts off thread*

FYI, looks like FNB does some interesting security profiling and heuristics. My wife tried to transfer money between her own accounts using my computer without success (got a daily limit error even though her online limits were set correctly). We phoned and complained and tried all sorts of tricks. Nothing worked until by chance she used her own computer (the one she usually does her banking on) - transfer went through without a hitch!
And another dusting off...

Today I had the same issue with not being able to make transfers although my limit was set correctly. After reading your comment, I realized what it may be, I recently switched from Chrome to Firefox on my PC. So, I then fired up chrome again to logon to FNB and everything went without a hitch.
There must be a way that FNB "asigns" PCs and browsers to your profile, because since I have switched to Firefox, my banking app has been moaning constantly of possible fraud whenever I am doing a transaction.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Honestly I think this is probably a good thing overall even if it’s a bit of an annoyance for those of us who use multiple browsers and such

ele33

On the FNB app under settings you'll find devices and browsers.

You'll then need to verify each.

BravoFox

On the FNB app under settings you'll find devices and browsers.

You'll then need to verify each.
Yes, I saw that. On my Business banking account it shows my phone and the PC browsers which I can verify or delete. However, on my personal banking it shows only my phone and no browsers I can manage. Very strange.

Yolz

I'm facing a problem of not paying since end of the month,im not sure whether my bank received the money or my company didn't pay it in but now i'm trying to see there is money in my account by buying airtime,it says I've exceeded my monthly withdrawal limit but i haven't been paid yet how come please me Standard bank,maybe someone stole my money because this the new account