Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium Powershift?

scavern

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2004
Messages
210
Reaction score
10
Location
.
Are there any owners out there of a Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium Powershift?

I know it's not a performance vehicle, but I am more interested to know if there are any issues that anyone knows about or have experienced.
 
I have the titanium, but in manual. I love mine and have had no issues.
 
What model and how long have you had it for?

I will be selling my 2011 Polo GTI TSI DSG so going from 132kw to 76kw will be very noticable for me :(
 
I have a 2014 Ecoboost Titanium Fiesta(manual). Had it for a year and a half.

Mine is the 92kw model. No problems with torque or power in any gear
 
Depends how you drive and what your highway vs city is like.

My drive is about 60% highway. I've tried a whole bunch of driving styles to see what I can get.

Drive like a grandpa never faster than 100kph and trying hard to be frugal: 5.2l/100km

regular frugal driving: 5.7l/100km

Fairly normal driving without noticing my consumption: 6.2l/100km

Drive it like I stole it:7 to 7.5l/100km

These are all average measurements from one fill up to the next.

Lowest I've ever gotten was 4.3l/100km but that was fill up then straight onto highway for roadtrip
 
"Ford is offering yet another duty-free gem to South African motorists in the form of a new entry-level turbo-charged Fiesta.

Earlier this year Ford took advantage of a trade agreement applying to cars with an engine size of 1000cc or less to snip the prices on Fiesta 1-litre EcoBoost Trend and Titanium models while also adding an Ambiente auto.

New to the range this month is a five-speed manual version of the Ambiente, which sells for R198 900, versus R108 900 for the six-speed PowerShift model. Like the latter, the manual Ambiente gets the lower-tuned EcoBoost which is rated at a still-rather-decent 74kW versus the 92kW offered from Trend upwards. All versions push 170Nm."

I lol here -----> "For reasons that we can't quite fathom, Ford is still offering the 1.4-litre normally aspirated Ambiente (71kW/128Nm) for the same price as the new 1.0T equivalent."

FIESTA PRICES

1.4 Ambiente manual - R198 900*

1.0T Ambiente manual - R198 900 (new)

1.0T Ambiente PowerShift - R208 900

1.4 Trend manual - R204 900

1.0T Trend manual - R209 900

1.0T Trend PowerShift - R219 900

1.0T Titanium manual - R229 900

1.0T Titanium PowerShift - R239 900

1.6 TDCi Ambiente manual - R218 900

1.6 TDCi Trend manual - R225 900

1.6T ST manual (3-door) - R282 900

*Not a typo

http://sbeta.iol.co.za/motoring/cars/ford/entry-level-10t-joins-fiesta-range-1960746

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband1450187204.248856.jpg
 
Still loving my titanium. This engine just keeps surprising me with how great it is. Never skips a beat
 
Just a refresh on this topic. Am looking at getting one of these ecoboost cars. Is it a good performing vehicle? The car we bought a little while ago is terrible and has no pwer what so ever.
 
Just a refresh on this topic. Am looking at getting one of these ecoboost cars. Is it a good performing vehicle? The car we bought a little while ago is terrible and has no pwer what so ever.

Drove the 1.0L a while back on a work visit. It has a nice smooth engine, similar to a 1.4 engine in terms of performance and very fuel efficient
 
Drove the 1.0L a while back on a work visit. It has a nice smooth engine, similar to a 1.4 engine in terms of performance and very fuel efficient

Thanks. So if performance is similar to the 1.4, would the 1.4 not be the better buy? R167 vs R199?
 
Thanks. So if performance is similar to the 1.4, would the 1.4 not be the better buy? R167 vs R199?

Power delivery in a turbo is very different. I refuse to buy anything without a turbo unless it has 6 or more cylinder's.
 
Power delivery in a turbo is very different. I refuse to buy anything without a turbo unless it has 6 or more cylinder's.

Fair enough. I have had turbo vehicles in the past, and they were phenomenal. Unfortunately as car prices go up, so my buying strength recedes. I need to buy a decent (luxury / comfort / performance - all round) vehicle to last me the next 5 to 6 years until I give it to my daughter. The Fiesta looks great. Have a Honda Amaze 1.2 sedan at the moment, and hating every second of it.
 
Fair enough. I have had turbo vehicles in the past, and they were phenomenal. Unfortunately as car prices go up, so my buying strength recedes. I need to buy a decent (luxury / comfort / performance - all round) vehicle to last me the next 5 to 6 years until I give it to my daughter. The Fiesta looks great. Have a Honda Amaze 1.2 sedan at the moment, and hating every second of it.

I too suffered for 6 months. Then gott a Civic.
 
The 1.0T ecoboost isn't the same as a NA 1.4. I would say it's closer to a NA 1.6-1.8L.

The torque curves of these modern petrol turbo engines are amazing, in most cases making maximum torque from below 2000rpm and holding it to 4500rpm while still making power up to 6000rpm.

The powershift gearbox is also a double clutch unit on the fiesta ecoboost iirc.
 
The 1.0T ecoboost isn't the same as a NA 1.4. I would say it's closer to a NA 1.6-1.8L.

The torque curves of these modern petrol turbo engines are amazing, in most cases making maximum torque from below 2000rpm and holding it to 4500rpm while still making power up to 6000rpm.

This is what my titanium feels like.92kw is great.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X