Formula 1 Streaming to smart TV?

RogerWilcoZA

Hi guys,

I'm pretty much on the verge of cancelling DSTV (running with UnoTelly's service), the only thing holding me back is losing F1 coverage on supersport. Is there any paid or free solution out there that streams the races live?

Thanks a lot

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
Sitting with the same dilemma... Man, the coverage of free practice this morning looked soooooooooooo tasty in HD. :(

I've logged a ticket with UnoDNS to request that they add the tensport.com.au domain - the site of an the Aussie network that'll stream this season. UnoDNS already functions on the normal ten.com.au, so here's hoping.

Failing that, there's a Reddit wiki listing all the streaming solutions, but quality on most isn't great. I suppose they're watchable as long as you don't go fullscreen; Formula 1 alone will not save my DSTv subscription.

Gambit

Expert Member
There is a bbc sport app that i downloaded on to my ps3. I had a quick look at it the other night and it appears to have live formula 1. I know they stream it on the bbc sport website as I watched it there last year. Going to check qualifying tomorrow on the ps3 to see if it is good. The bbc broadcast is the best as they have ex formula 1 drivers and owners walking the pit lane interviewing people before and after the race.

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
There is a bbc sport app that i downloaded on to my ps3. I had a quick look at it the other night and it appears to have live formula 1. I know they stream it on the bbc sport website as I watched it there last year. Going to check qualifying tomorrow on the ps3 to see if it is good. The bbc broadcast is the best as they have ex formula 1 drivers and owners walking the pit lane interviewing people before and after the race.
All good... except that BCC's only broadcasting 9 races live this year. They're cutting down to zero coverage over the course of a couple of years.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
It requires the installation of a "toolbar" and it changes your search provider, so no thanks.

ProAsm

Expert Member
Actually I was streaming from Sky (cricfree) and during Q1 after about 15 minutes a message appeared:
"This channel has been deleted. You are infringing copyrights", and that was that :(
http://cricfree.tv/live/
I too want to dump DSTV and only the F1 keeps it going.
I now download all my movies and TV shows and most of the History channel is on YouTube anyways.

SuperSport stream it. Just borrow someones account number. Quality isn't brilliant but I've only got a 1meg line so not complaining...

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
I need this too. Using the free streams at the moment, but would pay a bit for a separate channel or stream just for F1.

Cancelled DSTv at the end of January, after getting it September last year. Best decision ever.

Naks

Expert Member
Trying out https://stiptv.com/iptv-pricing/ - great selection of TV channels. But the Sky Sports F1 FHD is only in 720p, same as the Sky Sports F1 HD, so not sure whether they only activate the FHD during the actual broadcasts

Also tried out Fast IPTV (https://www.fastip.tv/): so far the best selection of channels: all the major countries with their own HD F1 channel, so if Sky Sports bombs out, you can always watch it on the French, Italian, Spanish, or Portuguese ones. They also have all the drivers' F1TV helmet cams listed, but will have to wait until a session to see if they really broadcast these or just for show. At $15pm, it's a bit steep, although the channel selection of TV, Movies, and pr0n is extensive.

Very impressed with the late night response from https://www.streamiptv.co.za/ - got a trial after 10pm, and everything worked fine. Only one F1 channel - Sky Sports HD, so not great for redundancy, but at R150pm, probably the best bang for buck.

Naks

Expert Member

Didn't notice the date, but I'm sure this will be helpful to people thinking of leaving DSTV now

SuperSport stream it. Just borrow someones account number. Quality isn't brilliant but I've only got a 1meg line so not complaining...
LOL

How times change, back then was a 1meg line into a laptop, now running 50mbps through a nVidia Shield on a 43" UHD TV. At least one thing remains, the quality of the stream is STILL ****.