Freelancers in Pretoria

tco21

Cynical Grinch
Joined
Nov 15, 2007
Messages
4,974
Reaction score
60
Location
The land of the wicked
Ahoy

Is there anybody who resides in Pretoria that has experience in developing applications for the Facebook API? I'm not sure exactly which language it's in - probably php/Java - but you should know if you've worked on any before.

The reason I ask is I'm looking for somebody who would be able to work on ad hoc projects as a sub-contractor, thus preferably a final year software student.

Shot.
 
Ahoy

Is there anybody who resides in Pretoria that has experience in developing applications for the Facebook API? I'm not sure exactly which language it's in - probably php/Java - but you should know if you've worked on any before.

The reason I ask is I'm looking for somebody who would be able to work on ad hoc projects as a sub-contractor, thus preferably a final year software student.

Shot.
I don't have time to help you neither have I worked with facebook before, but there are API's for .Net also. codeplex has got atleast two that I know of and they are well maintained also.
 
In order to create a Facebook application, you should know or need the following:

* You should be well versed in PHP or some other coding language — such as Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, or Python — especially one that has a client library for our API.

* You need to have a basic understanding of the Internet, SSH, MySQL, and Unix

You can read in depth instructions on the Facebook Developers Wiki - http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Creating_a_Platform_Application
 
In order to create a Facebook application, you should know or need the following:

* You should be well versed in PHP or some other coding language — such as Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, or Python — especially one that has a client library for our API.

* You need to have a basic understanding of the Internet, SSH, MySQL, and Unix

You can read in depth instructions on the Facebook Developers Wiki - http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Creating_a_Platform_Application

Then the person I'm looking for should understand this.
 
I don't think he wants to know what to do. He just wants someone who can do it for him.
 
I don't think he wants to know what to do. He just wants someone who can do it for him.


From the onset of this topic I've assumed that he requires a freelancer able to do the work FOR him. However, the replies received only indicates the deteriorating ability of basic comprehension by people. I guess they like to build up some kind of post count or reputation with the garbage they respond with....
 

I am merely showing the skills your freelancer will have to have. Finding a freelancer is not as easy as posting a thread on a forum, you will have do some kind of hunting by identifying the perfect candidate with the necessary skills set. Good luck finding a freelancer...

From the onset of this topic I've assumed that he requires a freelancer able to do the work FOR him. However, the replies received only indicates the deteriorating ability of basic comprehension by people. I guess they like to build up some kind of post count or reputation with the garbage they respond with....

And what was your contribution to this thread. SQUAT!! You just docked this boat - " build up some kind of post count or reputation with the garbage they respond with"
 
oh the hostility. yeah I know it won't be a simple matter of hello, you're hired. but this is one way of trying, since I don't know any in person.
 
maybe some sort of short description of what you will be doing might entice more applicable responses? Do you have a project currently you are going to work on or just to see who is on mybb willing to do some project some time in the future?
 
I am merely showing the skills your freelancer will have to have. Finding a freelancer is not as easy as posting a thread on a forum, you will have do some kind of hunting by identifying the perfect candidate with the necessary skills set. Good luck finding a freelancer...



And what was your contribution to this thread. SQUAT!! You just docked this boat - " build up some kind of post count or reputation with the garbage they respond with"

I don't need the post count, already have 14000 posts

@tco21, try odesk.com
 
@stephan, i don't have a project now but i will be doing one soon as part of a digital marketing strategy which will incorporate the need for widgets, hence my need for a programmer. @acid thanks for the link.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X