Freelancing some of your experience

46Female

Expert Member
I was up till 3am sending work off to an Australian Woman it was sent a big job.
I did a whole lot of photoshop work then afterwards she asked me to place it in a Lightroom Catalog
She won't pay me now, I don't have Adobe Lightroom.
have you had a similar experience?

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I was up till 3am sending work off to an Australian Woman it was sent a big job.
I did a whole lot of photoshop work then afterwards she asked me to place it in a Lightroom Catalog
Just pay the $12pm for CC, in this day and age one expects somebody to automatically have Lightroom if they use Photoshop.

MagNorthDigital

Fire her immediately, unless the quote / invoice states deliverables in lightroom catalog format. (This is why you have a contract... with revision, detailed deliverable and payment clauses)

By this logic, I would ask one of my juniors to import their vfx work into da Vinci / Premier and then send it to me.

I assume this is photo retouching, so either she wants your adjustments or she is just f'ing lazy / stupid.

I mean seriously, pulling photos into lightroom is pretty much automatic. She can add her "special" touch after pulling it into lightroom.

Watch her run a preset over your edits, bye bye contrast and tone mapping.

MagNorthDigital

Just pay the $12pm for CC, in this day and age one expects somebody to automatically have Lightroom if they use Photoshop.
Why? Sure I have the entire suite, but I never touch lightroom. Photoshop / AfterEffects and Premier ( depending on the footage / requirements ) does just as good a job, if not better. Learn photoshop and lightroom becomes nearly redundant. Learn Premier or Resolve and you can grade anything you please. And learn AfterEffects and the world is truly your playground.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
You sent all the work along before she paid you? :unsure:

RedViking

Nord of the South
You sent all the work along before she paid you? :unsure:
Freelance noob mistake.

When I used to do freelancing I used to state exactly in what format the Client will receive the file. Also did stuff in stages or weekly payments. Files shared before the final payment had water marks on.

It's important there is always a contract.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Why? Sure I have the entire suite, but I never touch lightroom. Photoshop / AfterEffects and Premier ( depending on the footage / requirements ) does just as good a job, if not better. Learn photoshop and lightroom becomes nearly redundant. Learn Premier or Resolve and you can grade anything you please. And learn AfterEffects and the world is truly your playground.
You answered your own question there.

Lightroom is for working large batches of images, you can do in seconds what would take minutes if not hours on PS.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
I'm starting to get special needs vibes here...