Freshphone Offline

system32

Expert Member
I did
The IP phone says "trying" but will not connect
The same phone connects in 20 seconds at my place (100mb fibre line)
FF have fail2ban on their VoIP service to prevent hacking.
Easy to get blocked for a day.
They need to configure fail2ban with higher thresholds to prevent simple mistakes locking you out for a day.

waynehooper

Anyone else having issues with Freshphone. Has been working great for months, but suddenly cannot make calls and phone failing to register.

waynehooper

Anyone else having issues with Freshphone. Has been working great for months, but suddenly cannot make calls and phone failing to register.
Turns out my wan IP address was blacklisted on Freshphone. Not sure if I picked up a bad ip from Afrihost, or if my phone did something wrong and got the ip blacklisted!

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Turns out my wan IP address was blacklisted on Freshphone. Not sure if I picked up a bad ip from Afrihost, or if my phone did something wrong and got the ip blacklisted!
Do an antimalware scan with Malwarebytes on your PCs (It's available for MAC too).
Install Eset Mobile Security on your mobile phones.
The trial expires automatically and the free version is great to start with.
Do scans with Eset on mobile devices. You can install it on Tablets too.

If everything checks out, make sure your router is secure.
Try changing your router WiFi password too. Always good to be secure on your router.

Edit: I see in an earlier post you changed WAN port settings. Just double check that it had no effect.

waynehooper

Do an antimalware scan with Malwarebytes on your PCs (It's available for MAC too).
Install Eset Mobile Security on your mobile phones.
The trial expires automatically and the free version is great to start with.
Do scans with Eset on mobile devices. You can install it on Tablets too.

If everything checks out, make sure your router is secure.
Try changing your router WiFi password too. Always good to be secure on your router.

Edit: I see in an earlier post you changed WAN port settings. Just double check that it had no effect.
I run Kaspersky on all my machines, and the router is a Asus RT-AC86U running Merlin and Skynet firewall so it is secure. Suspect I picked up a bad IP

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I run Kaspersky on all my machines, and the router e is a Asus RT-AC86U running Merlin and Skynet firewall so it is secure. Suspect I picked up a bad IP
You probably did. IPs are banned all over. My suggestions were in good spirit. I didn't know your level of technicity to which products you use.
My post was general guidance. Might help a non tech-savvy person out one day.

The_Hobbit

Honorary Master
Wayne's one of the fundis here. A properste fundi where Pastel and general computerised accounting stuff goes.

I haven't touched accounting support since the DOS Accpac and Solution 6 days. Eish. A bit of Pastel on btrieve back in the day too but I always called Wayne when my clients needed help hehe.

Mier

Expert Member
I realise that the OP is a bit old now and I've not experienced the same, but nevertheless, I think my set up may inadvertently provide a safeguard for such a situation.

My fibre router is connected to a mini DC UPS (similar to a Ratel/Gizzu) and this runs on 12v.
For my Yealink W52p I required 5v but also want it on the UPS of course.
So I made a USB to 2.1mm cable. I now power my Yealink from the USB port on my fibre router.

Therefore, if the fibre router reboots, so will my Yealink base station and establish a new connection after the router comes up.

I'm also with Freshphone, but only got my Yealink two weeks ago. So far I've not had any issues though.

waynehooper

I realise that the OP is a bit old now and I've not experienced the same, but nevertheless, I think my set up may inadvertently provide a safeguard for such a situation.

My fibre router is connected to a mini DC UPS (similar to a Ratel/Gizzu) and this runs on 12v.
For my Yealink W52p I required 5v but also want it on the UPS of course.
So I made a USB to 2.1mm cable. I now power my Yealink from the USB port on my fibre router.

Therefore, if the fibre router reboots, so will my Yealink base station and establish a new connection after the router comes up.

I'm also with Freshphone, but only got my Yealink two weeks ago. So far I've not had any issues though.

My setup has also been issue free until last week. My initial problems were related to my (ADSL) line, and once I went onto Fibre, it has been problem free. I also run all my equipment using a inverter, so power is not a issue

Since they cleared my IP address on their system, I have not had any further issues.

system32

Expert Member
My setup has also been issue free until last week. My initial problems were related to my (ADSL) line, and once I went onto Fibre, it has been problem free. I also run all my equipment using a inverter, so power is not a issue

Since they cleared my IP address on their system, I have not had any further issues.
FF have fail2ban on their VoIP service to prevent hacking.
Easy to get blocked for a day (sometimes due to DHCP changing to blocked IP)
They need to configure fail2ban with higher thresholds to prevent simple mistakes locking you out for a day.