fruity loops

mercurial

MyBB Legend
What's your actual question?

I'm guessing he wants actual users to comment on it's effectiveness/features/pros/cons etc and how they found it to be and how it compares to other similar products.

saor

Honorary Master
I'm guessing he wants actual users to comment on it's effectiveness/features/pros/cons etc and how they found it to be and how it compares to other similar products.
Then it would help to state as much - to tell us what kind of music they're making, what hardware (in any) they use, their workflow, what software they've used in the past etc. It's a bit tough to know where to start with such an open-ended question.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Then it would help to state as much - to tell us what kind of music they're making, what hardware (in any) they use, their workflow, what software they've used in the past etc. It's a bit tough to know where to start with such an open-ended question.

Yip, agreed.

MickeyD

RIP
Love 'em !!!

fruity-loops-22g.jpg

psradebe

FL Studio, is a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). I use it now and then, but I am now playing around with Illustrator and Photoshop.

saor

Honorary Master
fl-studio-10.jpg

That interface puts me off every time I see it - it feels way too fiddly and disjointed for me to establish a smooth workflow. It obviously works for lots of other people though.

<![SoUL-rEapER]>

I've used FL for some time. The capabilities and features it has is really advanced and has gone as far as get its recognition from main stream producers. If my memory serves me correct its been used in 'Love the way you lie' by eminem (ft Rihanna), Avicii and is used A LOT by Afrojack

The synths I really admired were Toxic Bio Hazard for FM/subtractive synthesis (Created some bomb-ass effects), Ogun for additive synthesis (if you are concentrating on high pitched effects) and Sytrus (most advanced) for an all-rounder.

The feature which I used most was Synthesizer Creation Features. I spent most of my time creating basic Synths using Synthmaker (almost going deaf at one time, since I was tweaking the dangerous stuff). Didn't explore all of its features though, but the features are literally endless, since you can define your own parameters (and go as far as create your own native VST plugins using the C++ programming language).

The only way you can get used to FL is to play around with the tweaking features. Start with the basics of 3XOSC synth. Basic, yet powerful.
Very basic knowledge of computer-generated signals would help a lot as well.

Last edited: