Gap cover

beefymoocow

Anyone have recommendation for a good Gap provider? Need cover that extends to my parents or grand mother?

maumau

Honorary Master
Liberty was recommended by our broker. Don't have gap cover myself so can't speak from experience.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Liberty was recommended by our broker. Don't have gap cover myself so can't speak from experience.
I'm not going to mention who I have GAP cover with - but I would recommend that you do.

A colleague paid R45000 in school fees a couple of years back. Which is why I got it. It shouldn't really cost you more than plus/minus R200pm.

Splinter

Honorary Master
One thing to note about most GAP cover - they do not cover you for things your medical aid does not cover.

It's cover for what your medical aid covers in some measure, but not fully.

maumau

Honorary Master
I'm not going to mention who I have GAP cover with - but I would recommend that you do.

A colleague paid R45000 in school fees a couple of years back. Which is why I got it. It shouldn't really cost you more than plus/minus R200pm.
Tks @Splinter. I intend signing up in January after learning the hard way just how little med aid pays towards claims :(

So far I'm down about R5k but not taking chances in 2020.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I've claimed around R20k in two separate claims from Zest Life.
in both cases, they paid the total outstanding balance with no hassles.

I wanted to change to a different provider since they are quite pricey when compared to the competition but can't fault their service so I'm staying put

lexor

Expert Member
I'm with Sanlam ( administered by Xelus) .

I claimed about 4x times and they paid out BUT I had to lodge a formal complaint once , waiting times are looong and client service non existent.

Wont recommend them - see all negative reviews(mine included) on HelloPeter.

Reactions: 3WA

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I'm with Stratum through our company, and so far I'm very happy with them. I've claimed twice.

muzee

Anyone have recommendation for a good Gap provider? Need cover that extends to my parents or grand mother?

Companies to consider, they more or less provide similar benefits:

Admed (Guardrisk)
Stratum
Zestlife
Sanlam
Turnberry
Liberty

Prices for the aged are usually ridiculous. If you company has a group scheme with a provider, first check with them as they might have a set fee for your company irrespective of the age.

Some readings: