Gas heater regulator hose

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
3,473
Reaction score
649
Need advice please.

I opened the gas tank and hear a gas leak.

swapped out tanks and same problem.

I bought a new regulator from Makro thinking that is the problem.

I am battling to get the new regulator into the hose. I got it in as much as i could and
clamped it very tight, opened the tank and there seems to be no leak.

I am however very unsure and don't want to take chances.

Do you guys think its OK this way or should i rather get it done properly ?
 

Attachments

  • 20200620_151026.jpg
    20200620_151026.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • old.png
    old.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
You should do it right, heat the hose slightly, be sure not to damage it, when it's soft, spray some lubricant and shove it all the way, when it cools it will be self sealing, just tighten the clamp. A heat gun works nicely but you can improvise.

I am intrigued by the gas leak you are hearing, is it the hissing?
 
You should do it right, heat the hose slightly, be sure not to damage it, when it's soft, spray some lubricant and shove it all the way, when it cools it will be self sealing, just tighten the clamp. A heat gun works nicely but you can improvise.

I am intrigued by the gas leak you are hearing, is it the hissing?

When i put in the tank, it was still hissing, so went to pull out the tank from the other gas heater in use, and no hissing.

Only then realized the gas tanks were the problem :facepalm:

Safe to use Q20 ?
 
The easiest way to get the hose over the connector is to 1) ensure the clamp is on the hose and 2) dip the hose-end into a cup of boiling water for about 20-30 seconds, then 3) slip it over and clamp.
I wouldn't use a lubricant because it will stay lubed vs water which evaporates. The lubricant may also have an adverse effect on the hose over time.
 
The easiest way to get the hose over the connector is to 1) ensure the clamp is on the hose and 2) dip the hose-end into a cup of boiling water for about 20-30 seconds, then 3) slip it over and clamp.
I wouldn't use a lubricant because it will stay lubed vs water which evaporates. The lubricant may also have an adverse effect on the hose over time.
Thanks for this advice :thumbsup:
 
The easiest way to get the hose over the connector is to 1) ensure the clamp is on the hose and 2) dip the hose-end into a cup of boiling water for about 20-30 seconds, then 3) slip it over and clamp.
I wouldn't use a lubricant because it will stay lubed vs water which evaporates. The lubricant may also have an adverse effect on the hose over time.

agree with this. also i would replace the hose, looks like it a bit aged.
 
Put the end of the hose into a cup of boiling hot water for a minute to soften then push in the pipe
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X