Gauteng Getting Ready for 2014

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
The ANC in Gauteng has commissioned an audit of development and service delivery in every part of the province, secretary David Makhura said on Wednesday.

This was in preparation for the 2014 elections.

"This is not just another election," Makhura told reporters in Johannesburg.

"We are fully conscious of the fact that the 2014 elections will be fought on the basis of the ANC's governance track record over the past two decades."

As part of the African National Congress's campaign the party's work and achievements would be showcased.

Makhura said the ANC was not ashamed of its achievements.

"We have significantly improved the quality of life of the majority... That's the story we are going to tell."

It was part of a two-track campaign of focusing on the party's achievements and its weaknesses.

"We've been in government and we have experience in government... We'll be talking about what still needs to be done," Makhura said.

"We are not ashamed of our governance track record."

Makhura said the ANC would retain the province.

"The noise being made by the opposition, especially the DA (Democratic Alliance), about winning Gauteng province is nothing but a pipe-dream which serves simply as political posture," he said.

Source : Sapa /gq/hdw/jk/th
Date : 17 Apr 2013 12:21

DreamKing

Honorary Master
"We are fully conscious of the fact that the 2014 elections will be fought on the basis of the ANC's governance track record over the past two decades."
so in other words anc is getting ready for losing GP in 2014. :D

Bernie

Expert Member
So they only doing this because there is an election, not because its the right thing to do. I hope the voters see through this scam - I doubt they will though.

F

Fudzy

The DA should just do the same thing, the records will speak for themselves I'm sure.

krycor

Honorary Master
LOL.. lets see etoll is kicking it, people will feel it for a year, price of goods and services will increase..

ALL opposition will have an excellent, related to the person, point to make on costs the ANC has brought. Yip, pretty much a loss no matter how i look at it.